Ted Nugent Tests Positive for COVID After Calling Pandemic a ‘Hoax': ‘I Thought I Was Dying’

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Ironic (excuse me if I ironically misused irony), to me that this just popped on the same day.

Musician Ted Nugent said Monday he tested positive for COVID-19 and had been experiencing intense symptoms, though he’s called the pandemic a “hoax” in the past.

In December 2020, the 72-year-old entertainer dismissed the global coronavirus pandemic as “scammy.” Monday, he changed his tune, mentioning the “pandemic clusterfu–.”

During the Facebook Live broadcast in which he announced his diagnosis, in fact, he used that colorful word twice.

Also Read: Brian Howe, Bad Company Lead Singer and Ted Nugent Vocalist, Dies at 66

“I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days and I thought I was dying,” he told viewers. “Just a clusterfu–.”

Previously, Nugent declared that the ongoing global crisis was somehow “not a real pandemic” and people who choose to wear masks — often in compliance with local ordinances — are “sheep.”

Nugent is a political conservative who expressed support for former president Donald Trump’s policies and even performed at the Republican’s events. Trump, like Nugent, contracted COVID-19 at one point, requiring hospitalization last fall.

Nugent has attacked school shooting survivor and gun control advocate David Hogg and praised Fox News’ Laura Ingraham.

Earlier this month, Nugent expressed no fear of the virus in another Facebook Live, instead quipping, “Why weren’t we shut down for COVID one-through-18?”

Of course, COVID-19 was not named sequentially, but for the year the infection was initially reported, 2019.

Wally

Reaction score
“I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days and I thought I was dying,” he told viewers. “Just a clusterfu–.”
🤣🤣🤣
Hell of a hoax, dumbass should have gotten vaccinated.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Ted Nugent is a very important person, and frequently has interesting insights with which to share. Always glad to hear from Ted.

jamiche

Reaction score
I'm sure teddy refused to get vaccinated. Now he's using up precious medical resources to fight the disease. As soon as he gets better he'll be back to his usual bullshit. A typical donald.

TurfGopher

Reaction score
Ted Nugent is a real moronic dirtbag. Supposedly Courtney Love gave him a blowjob backstage when she was 13! He somehow stays relevant to fringe right wingers but IMO the guys isn't playing with a full deck of cards. Unlike many others I can separate the art from the artist & I love that 70's shredding of his and think he put out some great tunes back then.

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
Ms. Ellefson wrote a 1 minute article about the irony of Theodore contracting the Wuhan virus and managed to tangentially include his views on David Hogg and Laura Ingraham. Most impressive!

Top Bottom