Team should fall on sword

U2Gopher

Reaction score
Wolotarsky and the rest of the team need to very quickly come forward with a press conference. They should say they appreciate the meeting the regents gave them which allowed them to speak and be heard. They should then say that based and that meeting and the report coming to light, they understand the position of the EOAA and the university. They should mention how they respect the rights of all students, but especially female students, to feel safe and secure on campus. They need to stress that their actions taken were about making sure people get the best chance at due process and nothing more. They should say that based on the evidence they understand the suspensions. They should then announce they are lifting the boycott and that if the school will allow they are willing to play in the bowl game.

This needs to end quickly. After the bowl game is over, Clayes and the entire staff should be dismissed. Hire PJ Fleck or Les Miles and start the hell over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players definitely need to come forward before the end of the day.

Wolotarsky and the rest of the team need to very quickly come forward with a press conference. They should say they appreciate the meeting the regents gave them which allowed them to speak and be heard. They should then say that based and that meeting and the report coming to light, they understand the position of the EOAA and the university. They should mention how they respect the rights of all students, but especially female students, to feel safe and secure on campus. They need to stress that their actions taken were about making sure people get the best chance at due process and nothing more. They should say that based on the evidence they understand the suspensions. They should then announce they are lifting the boycott and that if the school will allow they are willing to play in the bowl game.

This needs to end quickly. After the bowl game is over, Clayes and the entire staff should be dismissed. Hire PJ Fleck or Les Miles and start the hell over.

Yes with much sincerity, and pledge to create positive change as well. The team needs to eat some serious crow here and the police need to reopen their investigation.

At this point, I think the only way the university can save face is to pull the plug on the bowl game.

And yes, I agree that the staff should probably be shown the door. And the only way to keep some kind of relevant program afloat is to bring in Les Miles (If he'll have us). His pedigree would likely stem the flow of transfers out of the program and we have to change the nickname to the Fighting Armadillos.

My guess is the team is almost in a Thelma and Louise mentality.

They know in the end the sexual conduct they are ultimately defending is indefensible for the vast majority of people.

But...in the same sense there probably is some truth in their grievances...go watch Animal House again for when they are dealing with the student council.

Back to Thelma and Louise...I don't know if they're able to pull back from the cliff.

If I was a parent of these young men I'd be lobbying hard to hit the brake before it's too late.

This is not the same as what the players at Northwestern were trying with unionizing a couple of years ago. Then it was only about money. Very different here.

They should say they appreciate the meeting the regents gave them which allowed them to speak and be heard. They should then say that based and that meeting and the report coming to light, they understand the position of the EOAA and the university. They should mention how they respect the rights of all students, but especially female students, to feel safe and secure on campus. They need to stress that their actions taken were about making sure people get the best chance at due process and nothing more. They should say that based on the evidence they understand the suspensions. They should then announce they are lifting the boycott and that if the school will allow they are willing to play in the bowl game.

This is all perfect. I do not understand how the team could even attempt to argue that this does not violate University conduct rules (given the involvement of the recruit, the text messages, and obviously the assault itself.) They have angered their entire female fanbase, especially students, which includes me. Women are now under the impression that the team cares about a "game of catch" more than the safety and respect of women on campus. There are things bigger than football.

They should have never demanded that the suspensions be rescinded. They can demand information, though they may not be entitled to it, but demanding the suspensions be rescinded turned it into a we won't play unless our buddies go free.

"The boycott will remain in effect until due process is followed and the suspensions for all 10 players who are involved are lifted". Now it is the players looking really foolish for making a statement like this without having the information that was released today. If they did have the information in the report and made this demand, heaven help us. The longer they wait on addressing the quoted statement the worse they look. I think the Holiday Bowl committee is probably figuring out how to drop the Gophers as we speak and minimizing any liability for taking the action.

At this point, Kaler should say (feel free to dress it up in admin-speak if it makes you feel better):
- I have notified the Holiday Bowl we won't be coming.
- I welcome all players who remain in good standing to return to the team after the new year.
- I will expect that those who choose to stay on as a scholarship athlete will inform me of their decision by noon tomorrow.
- Anyone from whom I do not receive a reply or who wishes to relinquish their scholarship immediately and will be given a full release to transfer.

If this team does end up playing in the bowl game, it will be a total sh^t show. Mike Leach will embarrass this team so bad the players will only wish they stayed home. This program is in such disarray, their season needs to end immediately.

I think it's best to not go to the bowl game unless all players are allowed to play. Both sides ****ing up so bad it's best not to embarass ourselves anymore. Boot the bad apples, boot our president and work on fixing the damage.

When I say bad apples, I don't mean all 10 btw. I read the report and some of those guys shouldn't be suspended, while some other should be kicked off the team.

We should go to the bowl game only if we want 3-hours talking about this on a national broadcast. It will be discussed from start to finish. If NIU goes they will talk about it in pregame then be done. Likely best for the U not to go at this point. Some publicity is bad publicity.

I can't really dispute any of that. The report is a pretty horrific read, I'm guessing many of the players were taking their teammates words for what happened and were not aware of the extent of it. If they read the report they'll get their answers and realize that this is not a fight worth continuing.

We should go to the bowl game only if we want 3-hours talking about this on a national broadcast. It will be discussed from start to finish. If NIU goes they will talk about it in pregame then be done. Likely best for the U not to go at this point. Some publicity is bad publicity.

No it wouldn't.

In a bizarre moment, they all will have on their resume support for sequential intercourse. To a man. Have a nice job hunt. You turned a positive extra curricular into a giant joke.

I can't really dispute any of that. The report is a pretty horrific read, I'm guessing many of the players were taking their teammates words for what happened and were not aware of the extent of it. If they read the report they'll get their answers and realize that this is not a fight worth continuing.

My read was completely wrong on this, I would hope the team would tell those involved to get there belongings out of the locker room and never ever come back.

The message board postings in the Empire forum that night were all I needed.

Hey, when a train is running, you have to catch it. Honestly, do these people have moms sisters and aunts? Dads?

If you take the report as gospel, then all hope is lost for fairness and justice.

The texts are the most damning. Can't fake them, and really low class

Since PJ Fleck or Les Miles would want to walk into this **** storm

Top Bottom