Tai'yon Devers

bleedsmaroonandgold

Reaction score
A lot of us were (rightfully) pretty hard on Devers after a real stupid play against Fresno ended up being a very costly penalty. I wanted to make sure everyone noticed something I saw during the Purdue game. We had a solid lead in the second half (don't remember exactly when this happened), and it looked like a Purdue player was trying to antagonize one of our defensive players who seemed inclined to react. Devers barreled into the situation and shoved his own teammate out of the way before he could take a penalty. The Purdue guy then gave Devers a little shove and seemed to say something to him, and Devers just turned and looked at the guy without taking the bait.

Either Devers did a great job doing some self-reflection and not repeating his mistake, or Fleck and company did a good job getting the message across (in which case Devers did a great job receiving the message and implementing it on the field). Either way, wanted to make sure this got noticed given how much abuse he took on here after the Fresno game.

A lot of us were (rightfully) pretty hard on Devers after a real stupid play against Fresno ended up being a very costly penalty. I wanted to make sure everyone noticed something I saw during the Purdue game. We had a solid lead in the second half (don't remember exactly when this happened), and it looked like a Purdue player was trying to antagonize one of our defensive players who seemed inclined to react. Devers barreled into the situation and shoved his own teammate out of the way before he could take a penalty. The Purdue guy then gave Devers a little shove and seemed to say something to him, and Devers just turned and looked at the guy without taking the bait.

Either Devers did a great job doing some self-reflection and not repeating his mistake, or Fleck and company did a good job getting the message across (in which case Devers did a great job receiving the message and implementing it on the field). Either way, wanted to make sure this got noticed given how much abuse he took on here after the Fresno game.

I didn't see that. Thanks for pointing it out.

The sack by Devers was (obviously) pivotal. If you watch the replay of it, pay attention to Devers' closing speed. He's in pursuit and appears to be running all out. Then, suddenly, it's like he finds and hits another gear and rockets to the QB.

We are running out of time, but the staff have to find a way to use and grow this kid's talent.

I remember that too and think he may have actually got a sack on the play if I remember right. Good to see him come out the other side and contribute. He’s definitely got a role to play in this team having success.

Everyone loses their temper sometime. I'm don't think I had Devers tagged as someone who lost it more than he should, he just happened to have it happen at the wrong time.

Top Bottom