Tailgating/Parking

wdgold

Reaction score
It seemed like the parking lots on side of the stadium last year had very few tailgaters for every game or was that just me. Maybe due to cost for season pass? Every time I saw that I thought it would sure be nice to fill one of those spots and tailgate. Can't wait, finally received my tix today!!!

yes, the tailgating next to the stadium is pathetic as its like a grand yearly donation for the spot. I guess the U would rather have the stadium like tailgating over a mile away.

yes, the tailgating next to the stadium is pathetic as its like a grand yearly donation for the spot. I guess the U would rather have the stadium like tailgating over a mile away.

I tailgate in the 58 Lot and that lot was up and down. Air Force and MSU were excellent, Wisconsin and Purdue were so so, the rest of the games relatively quiet. It will take a couple of seasons I think for people to get in the habit of doing it. The University IMO should promote tailgating to a greater extent as it will keep fans rooted to the program in down years by making gameday an event rather than simply a game you get to at 10:45 for an 11:00 kickoff and get out of Dodge as soon as it ends. I've tailgated since they re-opened the Washington lots in the late 90's and that tradition has grown and sustained our group through the good and bad years. Would like to see them drop the donor fee somewhat but if they do, they need to recoup the dollars somewhere.

I would love to park next to the stadium and not have to make the stumble across the river. They need to make it affordable for everyone if they want to enhance the atmosphere.

Top Bottom