Ta’lon Cooper will test the NBA Draft waters, while maintaining his eligibility, and will also put his name into transfer portal

This is a slow bleed of transfer portal news.

This is the smart play by Cooper. I assume he knows his weaknesses by now, but the pre-draft process will help him, but it will also help him with exposure to other teams and even other pro leagues (Europe, Asia, Australia...etc).

This is the smart play by Cooper. I assume he knows his weaknesses by now, but the pre-draft process will help him, but it will also help him with exposure to other teams and even other pro leagues (Europe, Asia, Australia...etc).
All "expected" transfers have now jumped ship. If there are any more...

Does this mean he’s no longer a Gopher?🤔

This is the smart play by Cooper. I assume he knows his weaknesses by now,
Silly me, whoops, here I thought knowledge was power, especially when receiving it from a professional representing the organization you would like to be employed by.

There’s a reason people from all different types of vocations have mentors/advisors; it is to help them see their blind spots, which subjectively is fraught with most of the time.

Yes, I’d be happy to act as your board mentor - now drop and give me twenty.
but the pre-draft process will help him, but it will also help him with exposure to other teams and even other pro leagues (Europe, Asia, Australia...etc).

Silly me, whoops, here I thought knowledge was power, especially when receiving it from a professional representing the organization you would like to be employed by.
There’s a reason people from all different types of vocations have mentors/advisors; it is to help them see their blind spots, which subjectively is fraught with most of the time.
Yes, I’d be happy to act as your board mentor - now drop and give me twenty.
For him it’s more about international exposure. If you think he is ever going to play in the NBA, you either don’t watch the NBA, or don’t know much about basketball

Add one more guard to the "needs" list.

For him it’s more about international exposure. If you think he is ever going to play in the NBA, you either don’t watch the NBA, or don’t know much about basketball
You gotta learn to read the black bro - I’m emphasizing the value of the feedback ( never once did I say he has NBA ability- it is widely known that players use this as a tool, to do exactly what I said, receive professional feedback so they can improve), so chill - you don’t think it’s of value, whilst I provided examples of why it is. Maybe you haven’t received professional feedback in your career, but as a business development guy, I did frequently and it helped immeasurably in increasing my effectiveness and income.

There’s nothing that says this is a scenario where only one opinion is valid (such as only your opinion of his exposure to international leagues being valid (agreed), while mine isn’t), unless that is what’s important to your ethos.

Last edited:

You gotta learn to read the black bro - I’m emphasizing the value of the feedback ( never once did I say he has NBA ability- it is widely known that players use this as a tool, to do exactly what I said, receive professional feedback so they can improve), so chill - you don’t think it’s of value, whilst I provided examples of why it is. Maybe you haven’t received professional feedback in your career, but as a business development guy, I did frequently and it helped immeasurably in increasing my effectiveness and income.

There’s nothing that says this is a scenario where only one opinion is valid (such as only your opinion of his exposure to international leagues being valid (agreed), while mine isn’t), unless that is what’s important to your ethos.
So he’s getting feedback (which he’s probably gotten multiple times) for his potential career in a low level professional league.

- I think many average gopherholers could provide Talon feedback (and I’m sure the professionals don’t hold back)
- lose 10-15 lbs (but more closely 3-6% body fat)
- increase foot speed as there is a huge deficiency here (which leads to issues driving the basketball and keeping offensive players in front of you when playing defense)
- free throw shooting
- too many turnovers
-many periods of games where he is almost invisible
- poor finishing ability for someone who plays below the rim due to lack of athleticism…this has to improve

None of these should be shocking to anyone

If Ben and staff are not providing this kind of real feedback to the players and blowing smoke in their asses or just not discussing it, that’s a separate issue.

So he’s getting feedback (which he’s probably gotten multiple times)
Man you make lots of assumptions without any evidence. Never were in debate club?

for his potential career in a low level professional league.

- I think many average gopherholers could provide Talon feedback (and I’m sure the professionals don’t hold back)
- lose 10-15 lbs (but more closely 3-6% body fat)
- increase foot speed as there is a huge deficiency here (which leads to issues driving the basketball and keeping offensive players in front of you when playing defense)
- free throw shooting
- too many turnovers
-many periods of games where he is almost invisible
- poor finishing ability for someone who plays below the rim due to lack of athleticism…this has to improve

None of these should be shocking to anyone

If Ben and staff are not providing this kind of real feedback to the players and blowing smoke in their asses or just not discussing it, that’s a separate

You want argue to argue ( as you’re not a happy person?) while I’m more than happy to admit when others have valid points and learn from them or admit when I’m wrong, you are maybe too insecure to?

It appears that you don’t engage in any form of professional or personal development. Predictable and comical as there are countless examples of pro players seeking out objective feedback outside their orbit, as they continue to learn and improve their craft. For example, just read about four Twins pitchers, including- (13-8) Joe Ryan going to a developmental center, prior to Spring Training, to receive feedback on how to improve their pitching mechanics; the Twins don’t provide that evaluation at this juncture.

The eval certainly won’t hurt Lon and if you think all coaching/info is the same - then maybe (?) you never played competitive sports, i.e. HS or higher. Also sometimes you need to hear it from a different voice and of course, you think CBJ sucks, so you should want him to improve as a big Gopher fan🤣🤪.

Time to put you on ignore, as you’re appear to not be interested IMO in an honest dialogue and I prefer to spend my time in other pursuits.
Best of luck and remember, these are free- 😃😉

Last edited:

Saw a tweet from Ryan James that the Gophers were setting up some official visits with Transfer Portal targets - but the link was to an article that was behind a paywall at Gopher Illustrated.

Maybe someone with a subscription could see what it said?

Top Bottom