Syracuse Head Coach has his dream job

syracuse has one of the best sports journalism programs in the nation, and the vast majority of the graduates end up at EPSN. it is no wonder that ESPN has been all over the Paulus to cuse story.

i have a sneaking suspicion that the min-cuse game is going to get HUGE play on ESPN. i truly hope that brewster has the guys focused on the orange right now and not worried about sept. 12.

i had an idea that might help keep the players minds on cuse. the gophers should have all their practices next week at the dome with the A/C off. this will get them ready for the carrier dome and remind them that they are still a dome team until sept. 12.

It was a nice article and nice to see a coach so excited to be there. I hope it works out to be a good hire for them in the long run but it seems as if he is a guy that has worked his way up the ladder at all different levels and in different capacities and responsibilities to prepare himself for this, what a novel concept.

It was a nice article and nice to see a coach so excited to be there. I hope it works out to be a good hire for them in the long run but it seems as if he is a guy that has worked his way up the ladder at all different levels and in different capacities and responsibilities to prepare himself for this, what a novel concept.

Wow. A slam on Brewster in this thread too? Jeebus GG. Let it go.

No kidding, by the way what part of Brewster's resume is not acceptable for preparing himself to his first college head coaching job? He has had a similar but different route up the ladder. I'm assuming a lack of O/D coordinator positions is the big bone you have to pick, which is ridiculous because many successful head coaches don't call the plays. He has been an assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator for one of the top football programs in college football today, along with spending time in the NFL around some of the most successful coaches and football minds around.

Sorry for jumping in on a potshot comment like this, but I can't stand the passive agressive negativity from the Brewster naysayers who take little shots like this when things are going relatively well for the program and then go to told you so mode when things get tough.

Agree. Although Brewster's route did not include being a coordinator I would guess that his route to a HC position is more typical than Marrone's, at least in the aspect of starting at the DIII level. I don't recall too many DI head coaches who started at DIII - don't most go the Grad Asst route and then DI asst?

The thing is, its not like I'm a huge fan of Brew's route either...I'd have preferred to see some coordinator experience too. The difference is that I moved past that, um, years ago now and embraced him for the coach he was and could be not for the coach he isn't. I don't care if GG isn't a Brewster backer; its his prerogative and I agree you can support the team but not the coach. But at least try to keep your angst in the present. :rolleyes:

Agree. Although Brewster's route did not include being a coordinator I would guess that his route to a HC position is more typical than Marrone's, at least in the aspect of starting at the DIII level. I don't recall too many DI head coaches who started at DIII - don't most go the Grad Asst route and then DI asst?

Probably right, but RR at Meechigan came that route.

Top Bottom