Sylvester Crooms at Mississippi State has resigned . . .

DL65

Reaction score
and the coaching carousel continues with firings and resignations at Kansas State, Syracuse, San Diego State, Tennessee, etc.

Is anyone in particular on the hot seat in the Big 10 at this time? I think a similar season in 2009, may spell big trouble for Bret Bielema. The regressing won-loss record and failure to live up to fan expectations will result in the hot seat getting hotter.

Charlie Weis is also supposedly on the hot seat. If Notre Dame is blown out tonight, could a change be in the near future. His buyout contract is supposedly tight and may be prohibitive. Nevertheless, his teams, with their annual nationally ranked recruiting classes, have to be the most underperforming groups anywhere. The wolves are starting to howl!

Who do you think will be the next high profile coaching casualty?

Will this be Joe Pa's last season? I understand it's the final year of his current contract. If the Nittany Lions are victorious in their bowl game, would he opt to go out a winner after a superb Big 10 championship season?

Go Gophers!!

You've got to wonder about Indiana, they were suppose to be better. Certainly, they weren't suppose to suck.

willingham was fired with almost the same W-L percentage as weiss has now. and willingham went 6-5 in his last season. weiss is 6-6.

Coaches at Bowling Green and Miami (Ohio) fired today as well.

I agree with Bill Lynch being on the "hottest seat" in the Big Ten. Next year is make or break

I wonder if Glen Mason will be in contention for any of those jobs. I could see him in line for the San Diego St. job as he has the connections with the athletic director, but if he still wants to coach, either the Bowling Green or Miami, OH jobs would be right up his alley.

Lynch should be on the hot seat. He was not given the job, nor did he earn it. It fell to his lap after the tragic loss of Coach Hep. 2nd year or not, he's probably the worst coach in the Big Ten right now.

Indiana just hired a new AD and he came out in support of Lynch on Friday. He said last year we gave him an extension to build a program and we have to give him time to do that. I think it was a reaction to negative recruiting from competitors that insinuated he may lose his job.

Uh oh --- not the infamous "show of support" from the boss.

Whenever you get the vote of confidence, or show of support that's a sure sign he is out after next year.

Uh oh --- not the infamous "show of support" from the boss.

Whenever you get the vote of confidence, or show of support that's a sure sign he is out after next year.

Agreed. I just wanted to point out he is not getting fired this year or he wouldn't have gotten the show of support at this time.

I agree with you that he will be safe this season, but I bet next year he will get canned.

Especially when IU goes 3-9 next year!!

I'm curious where Philip Fulmer ends up.

Weis

I have heard Weis' buyout is $5 million.

Very doable for a school with its own broadcast network deal.

It's been a long time since I've seen someone where the performance has been so much lower than the expectation in Weis. He's making Gerry Faust look good.

One of my favorite web sites used to be coacheshotseat.com. They have a lot of info on the contracts, as in buyout numbers. Now they charge so I can't help. Weiss #1 and Bill Lynch is #10.

IF Skip Holtz leaves East Carolina, good spot for Fulmer. Same recruiting area, less pressure. Maybe 5 years and call it good.

I don't know if Fulmer will coach again. He went to school at UT, so I figure it may be the end of the line for him.

It's been a long time since I've seen someone where the performance has been so much lower than the expectation in Weis. He's making Gerry Faust look good.

Weis has to be gone after this debacle. Tonight Notre Dame had 2 yards in total offense at halftime. Two yards!!! They didn't get one single first down until garbage time in the 4th quarter and still managed just 91 yards in total offense.

Weis should be gone . . . when he did win at ND it was with Willingham's recruits. Plus would you want that fat slob who can barely walk even before the blown knee to be representing your program. And don't give me this super bowl rings stuff. They would have won those SB's even if he was not there. Billichek is the genius not Weis or Romeo.

Top Bottom