Support of Briles from Baylor fans, players is despicable

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Art Briles is long dismissed from Baylor, but his shadow continues to loom over the program.

It’s there on the field where the Bears run his offense, Briles’ son calling the plays and his other eight former assistants serving as lieutenants to acting head coach Jim Grobe. It’s there as the school contends with accusations of sexual assault and the lawsuits that from them dating back to Briles’ tenure as coach.

But Saturday, in a much different way, Briles was present as fans sported “CAB” (Coach Art Briles) shirts to Baylor’s game against TCU.

http://247sports.com/Article/Support-of-Art-Briles-is-tone-deaf-insensitive-from-Baylor-fans-48763303

news flash people down south care a lot more about football and are willing to do despicable **** to win.

from the david bliss scandal to this crap, baylor is a joke of a university with no morals.

One of the victims has asked them to forfeit rest of season after yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art Briles has admitted to, keeping himself out of the loop, when it was ultimately his responsibility he shirked his responsibilities as a coach. There's some evidence, that he knew of the incidents and still did nothing, but even what he's admitted to should, disqualify him from coaching.

One of the victims has asked them to forfeit rest of season after yesterday.

The Harvard men's soccer team recently forfeited the remainder of their season because of a "scouting report" circulating among the men's players containing sexually explicit descriptions of the female players. Seems like Baylor football's wrongdoing is much worse. Granted a Big 12 team forfeiting their football season would be a bigger deal than an Ivy soccer team doing so.

The Harvard men's soccer team recently forfeited the remainder of their season because of a "scouting report" circulating among the men's players containing sexually explicit descriptions of the female players. Seems like Baylor football's wrongdoing is much worse. Granted a Big 12 team forfeiting their football season would be a bigger deal than an Ivy soccer team doing so.

financial ramifications from harvard canceling their men's soccer season are insignificant so i dont really give the crimson any credit for doing it.

news flash people down south care a lot more about football and are willing to do despicable **** to win.

The Mason-Dixon Line must make one hell of a curve to include State College, PA. Don't blame this on the south; it's a problem with toxic programs with a cult-like following of their coaches, not geographical regions.

The Mason-Dixon Line must make one hell of a curve to include State College, PA. Don't blame this on the south; it's a problem with toxic programs with a cult-like following of their coaches, not geographical regions.

+1000!

+1,000

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have had to spend a lot of time in Western PA for work. Now, I realize that State College is more Central PA, but a lot of the support comes from Western PA.

Pittsburgh is about 30 minutes from West Virginia.

IMO, Pittsburgh has Cincy feel to it. It's in a traditional northern state, but it's closer (culturally) to its southern neighbors than to the more "normal" parts of the state.

financial ramifications from harvard canceling their men's soccer season are insignificant so i dont really give the crimson any credit for doing it.

people on this forum know where i stand on penn state - sorry if you personally took offense to my generalization (wasnt targeting you ofc) but i stand by it. the south is objectively a lot worse than anywhere else in the country in terms of culture rife with abuse around college football

I can use a few more teams to root against (helps to give me a purpose to watch some of these games). Baylor joins my list that includes Wisconsin, Iowa, Notre Dame, and Alabama (they are on the list simply because they have been too dominant for too long). In fairness, I started to dislike Baylor a couple of years ago with there manic offensive scheme, but this latest scandal moved them way up in my dislike factor.

from the david bliss scandal to this crap, baylor is a joke of a university with no morals.

Oh, you mean those good religious people down there? Shocking. But they're just doing what it says in the Bible, just ask them.

Oh, you mean those good religious people down there? Shocking. But they're just doing what it says in the Bible, just ask them.

take politics/religion to off topic - not productive or relevant in regards to college football

I have had to spend a lot of time in Western PA for work. Now, I realize that State College is more Central PA, but a lot of the support comes from Western PA.

Pittsburgh is about 30 minutes from West Virginia.

IMO, Pittsburgh has Cincy feel to it. It's in a traditional northern state, but it's closer (culturally) to its southern neighbors than to the more "normal" parts of the state.

I've always thought that the entire United States exists in Ohio. You don't have the stretching plains of the Midwest, but you have the industrial north in Cleveland and Toledo stretching to a more Southern feel in Cincinnati and the surrounding area. Lots of farms in western Ohio. Interesting state.

It is a private Methodist school...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They actually claim to be "Baptist." Their motto is "Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana," or for church, for Texas. Their homepage boasts an essay about their "Christian Commitment" as well as another about their "Caring Community."

Religion is completely relevant when Baylor makes it their primary selling point, yet becomes the biggest group of hypocrites imaginable through their actions.

They actually claim to be "Baptist." Their motto is "Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana," or for church, for Texas. Their homepage boasts an essay about their "Christian Commitment" as well as another about their "Caring Community."

Religion is completely relevant when Baylor makes it their primary selling point, yet becomes the biggest group of hypocrites imaginable through their actions.
Right, Baptist. But your point is the same and very valid. The hypocrisy is quite obvious.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

+1000

For Baptists, being hypocritical is nothing new, I remember stories from my father about my grandfather selling moonshine to the Baptist preacher on Saturday night then the same preacher condemning alcohol from the pulpit the next day. My dad said his father's attitude was 'it's good for business' because it meant keeping the county dry. An office partner of mine's best friend got his Doctorate in Psychology at an SEC school. When he was visiting I asked him how he was adapting to life in the South, he said 'Business is great with these Southern Baptist women and all their issues', a couple of years later he moved back to MN.

Top Bottom