Succinct comparison of Big 10 season ticket prices for 2015

osu at 60,000 for seats at the 50! i guess that is how you can buy a winning program

succinct? I'm more confused than ever. Would have made a lot more sense just to list the average price paid at each stadium for a particular section. At TCF it would be upper level corners $44, end zone $55, sidelines as you move towards the 50--- $69, $111 and $140. Absolutely laughable to list the average ticket price between $44-47

free student tickets for northwestern.... that would be nice

The Mandatory $1500 per seat at Ohio State is amazing. Even if we won that much it is hard to see selling 42,000 (less students) at a minimum of $1500 donations for the entire stadium...and that is the minimum...and they do that for 85,000 seats. Wow.

That happens when you have a good team AND NO MAJOR PRO TEAMS IN TOWN!

Which beings up a ?: What would Gopher football be like if the Vikings were not here?

Which beings up a ?: What would Gopher football be like if the Vikings were not here?

I have to admit to face-palming every time I see this Vikings stuff. It is like saying, "how good would the Gophers be if they got all the country's best players?" or "What if the O line could all run 4.4 40's?" I don't spend a lot of time on the Washington Husky or Miami Hurricanes boards but do they spend as much time as this forum does on how good their college teams would be if their pro teams didn't exist?

For me, I don't care how much influence the Vikings have. I hope they win every game they play. Meanwhile, I'll continue to be a Gopher fan first.

I have to admit to face-palming every time I see this Vikings stuff. It is like saying, "how good would the Gophers be if they got all the country's best players?" or "What if the O line could all run 4.4 40's?" I don't spend a lot of time on the Washington Husky or Miami Hurricanes boards but do they spend as much time as this forum does on how good their college teams would be if their pro teams didn't exist?

For me, I don't care how much influence the Vikings have. I hope they win every game they play. Meanwhile, I'll continue to be a Gopher fan first.

Not referring to how good the team is but why we don't have all the game sell outs and higher ticket prices also (Like Ohio State and even
more Nebraska)

I mean, I agree with the ethos of your post but they do have the Blue Jackets (please don't start a hockey debate) and I would be willing to bet that plenty of their season ticket holders/fans are from the Cleveland and Cincinnati markets which have pro sports. The OSU brand runs deep in Ohio and because of this they probably will always be top dogs in the conference.

We should have more seats, even if used only for big games. That extra revenue would allow the "donations' to be lowered. We could easily sell an extra 10,000+ tickets for Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, maybe TCU, too.

I thought the article was well written considering the smoke and mirrors in college sports and $

I mean, I agree with the ethos of your post but they do have the Blue Jackets (please don't start a hockey debate) and I would be willing to bet that plenty of their season ticket holders/fans are from the Cleveland and Cincinnati markets which have pro sports. The OSU brand runs deep in Ohio and because of this they probably will always be top dogs in the conference.

There are eight D1 football teams in Ohio. They are not all OSU fans.

15 prices aren't the issue. It's the next couple years where we will leapfrog several teams.

There are eight D1 football teams in Ohio. They are not all OSU fans.

I don't think I said they were. I'd be willing to bet, though, that OSU is the most popular team in both Cleveland and Cincinnati.

I don't think I said they were. I'd be willing to bet, though, that OSU is the most popular team in both Cleveland and Cincinnati.

I didn't mean to imply that.

Not too sure about OSU being the most popular in Cincinnati. Cincinnati has the U of Cincinnati; and Miami of Ohio is about 20 miles down the road.

The eight D1's

University of Akron MAC
Bowling Green State University MAC
University of Cincinnati AAC
Kent State University MAC
University of Miami—Ohio MAC
University of Ohio MAC
Ohio State University B1G
University of Toledo MAC

I'm sure OSU has the biggest following, but they do have D1 competition. The MAC is pretty strong and Ohio is the heartland. Ohio also has more people.

We have such a unique situation here in MN with only one D1 football and basketball team. NEED TO EXPLOIT IT.

For a long time I felt Ziggy should make a sizable contribution to building TCF. I little PR would help getting his stadium built. Guess he didn't need to.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom