Student Ticket Sales?

forestlaker

Reaction score
Have the final 2,000 student tickets been sold? or Did apathy win out?

I know the regular pool of student tickets sold out weeks ago. However, I do not know about the student tickets that were reserved for incoming students.

From what I've heard from other students that are still debating whether or not to get season tickets is that they still have tickets available but for what they said are for upper deck only. I'm not sure why they said upper deck only because it's general admission and from what I thought will be first come first serve so I'm curious to see why gophersports or whoever they spoke to told these students it was for upper deck only, but regardless there are still tickets available.

It won't be very encouraging if we can't sell 10,000 student tickets to the inaugural season of the new on campus stadium.

Yes, it will be a GD joke if we don't sell out the season tickets. Sounds like we need some good old fashioned freshman hazing to set those noobs straight.

i am sure they could reopen back up to other students again, i know some people who missed out

When do classes start?

When do classes start? I am sure they need the new students to be on campus to get the word out. I am not too worried about the student tickets

When do classes start? I am sure they need the new students to be on campus to get the word out. I am not too worried about the student tickets

exactly. i have a source who says the ticket office expects the remaining 2K student tickets that were held back for incoming freshman/tranfers to absolutely sell-out.

no offense intended, but the speculative posts above that they might not sell-out are rather weak insight and don't hold much water.

Classes start September 8th.

For consideration, last year sometime mid-season the student football season tickets sold out. I don't know how many tickets there were at the Dome, but I can't imagine that they would sell out at the Dome, and not at TCF.

i am sure they could reopen back up to other students again, i know some people who missed out

This is the plan. The entire allotment of remaining tickets was set to go on sale to any student, regardless of their class at the U, on August 17. I'd have your friends check it out.

This is the plan. The entire allotment of remaining tickets was set to go on sale to any student, regardless of their class at the U, on August 17. I'd have your friends check it out.

I imagine some slow-triggered freshmen are going to get locked out of seats then. By the end of the first week of school, at the absolute latest, these tickets will be sold out. I would put money on it.

Yes, it will be a GD joke if we don't sell out the season tickets. Sounds like we need some good old fashioned freshman hazing to set those noobs straight.

I read on iowas board they only sold 6000 tickets at this point. So go figure.

I heard from a parent of a freshman that when they opened the 2,000 seats up for freshmen this last saturday that the website was crashed for at least an hour because of the high traffic. I wouldn't worry about the student section selling out. Unless there is a huge number of students who only got tickets thinking that they could scalp them, I don't see many people not picking up the tickets they ordered earlier this summer.

GO GOPHERS!

Yes, I was one of those parents of a fresham who got up at 7 am on Saturday morning with my son to log on and order his season ticket. And YES the site was basically down for about an hour and we sweated out the fact he may not get a ticket. We did get his ticket. I don't know though, if they sold out all 2,000 tickets........

Yes, I was one of those parents of a fresham who got up at 7 am on Saturday morning with my son to log on and order his season ticket. And YES the site was basically down for about an hour and we sweated out the fact he may not get a ticket. We did get his ticket. I don't know though, if they sold out all 2,000 tickets........

Same experience here. I wouldn't worry about it sellliing out in the least.

I have a close friend who works in the Gopher Sports Marketing office (they sell the tickets) and he said that the freshman tickets are sold out. However, there are also 500 more tickets that the office decided to sell? I'm not really sure about those. When I probed further into what exactly those tickets are and where they came from, he was unsure/unwilling to tell. Either way, if you are a student I would call/visit the ticket office. Can't hurt, right?

Yeah, the first year tickets sold out in about 24 hours. I was able to get up at seven and, after nervously waiting through the web site's crash, get mine! But I have friends who tried to get them the next morning but they apparently were already sold out.

student tickets

My friends daughter is a U of M student who bought 2 tickets. 1 for her and 1 for her boyfriend who's not a student. Will they be able to use the 2nd ticket or is that something that the U doesn't want going on?

My friends daughter is a U of M student who bought 2 tickets. 1 for her and 1 for her boyfriend who's not a student. Will they be able to use the 2nd ticket or is that something that the U doesn't want going on?

Are you sure that she got two tickets? This is directly from the student ticket information on-line:
  • Students are eligible to purchase one (1) 2009 student Football season ticket.

As for getting a non-student in by using a student ticket, good luck. They are requiring all students to show their U of M Student ID to be admitted.

I have a close friend who works in the Gopher Sports Marketing office (they sell the tickets) and he said that the freshman tickets are sold out. However, there are also 500 more tickets that the office decided to sell? I'm not really sure about those. When I probed further into what exactly those tickets are and where they came from, he was unsure/unwilling to tell. Either way, if you are a student I would call/visit the ticket office. Can't hurt, right?

I believe the 500 tickets came from people selecting student tickets that were not enrolled for fall 09 or were not returning students. They actually do check those. They mistakenly canceled my student tickets because they thought I was a new grad student not a returning grad student. A friend of mine had his canceled because he wasn't registered yet. We both had ours reinstated though.

I don't know how she got two tickets unless a friend bought a ticket for him and will let him use it. They will be checking student ID's. The big question is how rigorously. If they have a U of M ID and are wearing Gopher gear, I say let em in.

Originally Posted by DV54

The website required each student to create an account upfront when they purchased their ticket (which anyone could conceivably do), but it also said that all students would be required to show their student ID when picking up their tickets, so I would would guess the boyfriend would be snagged at that point and the ticket would go back into the available pool.

Top Bottom