Student section sold out for Bowling Green

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
It has often been said over the years “just win and attendance will take care of itself.” We have discussed attendance countless times here on GH and many of the discussions centered on the student section. I’ve seen many games where a couple hundred students huddled behind the band pit. It was a shame because nothing separates college football from the NFL more than the energy of a student section.

2019 was the turning point. Although we still aren’t to the point where we can expect a full stadium for every game, at the very least the student section has come a long way. A student sell out with no free freshman tickets for an 11:00 AM kickoff against a MAC team is worlds away from where we were a few years ago.

The students set the tone for every game and have been great ever since the Penn State game of 2019 and probably before that.

The student section is finally consistently getting back the the size of the 2003-2006 Metrodome years, with a very high level of engagement from well before the kickoff.

Unless we F something up, this tells me the student section will be sold out for the rest of the season, since this is likely our "least interesting" home game this year.

Good to see. Sunny and 57° at kick-off, so perfect. They will be loud.

The students set the tone for every game and have been great ever since the Penn State game of 2019 and probably before that.

The student section is finally consistently getting back the the size of the 2003-2006 Metrodome years, with a very high level of engagement from well before the kickoff.
That game may have been bigger than just the game itself. It looks like it is still paying dividends. Still super happy about it.

Kids now rockin'.

Progress.

Good job Coach. Good job Team.

Was this due in any part to giving away tickets to freshman or anything?

The student section sets the tone. If the student section is full and we win, the atmosphere is noisy and fun.

Was this due in any part to giving away tickets to freshman or anything?
Nope, they only do it for one game which is usually the home opener. Since that was OSU and an anticipated sell out they gave the freshman class (and sophomore I believe since 2020 was no fans) free tickets to the Miami OH game.

This is a true student section sellout, no help from anyone.

Kids now rockin'.

Progress.

Good job Coach. Good job Team.
All about progress. What is our student seating total ? Still frustrating to not be packing the stadium every single game but the progress is great.

Nope, they only do it for one game which is usually the home opener. Since that was OSU and an anticipated sell out they gave the freshman class (and sophomore I believe since 2020 was no fans) free tickets to the Miami OH game.

This is a true student section sellout, no help from anyone.
Their old man's money?

Top Bottom