Student Crowd

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I gave my tickets to a friend today so wasn't at the game. Looked to be a pretty good population in the student section.

I gave my tickets to a friend today so wasn't at the game. Looked to be a pretty good population in the student section.

Pictures I saw on Facebook made it look like a decent crowd

It was a great turnout. Yes some were a little late but that is to be expected with any big ten school with an 11 am start. Seemed like everyone who was there was having a great time!

I guess it just goes to show that the fans will show up if the tickets are free. Maybe a sign that the U should lower student ticket prices? Make them $50 and see how much sales pick up. Will they really miss the revenue?

How much are student tickets currently? When I was there from 2004-2008, the tickets were like $50-60 for a season plus t-shirt. But then again I had to watch games in the dome.

How much are student tickets currently? When I was there from 2004-2008, the tickets were like $50-60 for a season plus t-shirt. But then again I had to watch games in the dome.

They are between $90-$100 with the shirt... I can't remember what I paid for mine this year but it wasn't over $100. They are certainly not expensive, but maybe they need to lower them till demand is greater.

Hopefully they sold a few today!

I thought students were great today. It had to be 5000-6000? Or maybe I'm off, but I thought it looked pretty good. The gopher dance and then song they played right after it were fun today. Initially I thought it was cheesy, but the students were into it.

I thought students were great today. It had to be 5000-6000? Or maybe I'm off, but I thought it looked pretty good. The gopher dance and then song they played right after it were fun today. Initially I thought it was cheesy, but the students were into it.

It was probably more like 7,000-8,000

Student Tix are $84 with a $7 service fee so $91. They also tell students to not buy season tix if they will miss a game or two. All of the Freshman received free tix to the game which I'm sure was a factor in the high attendance. It was a blast in the student section so I'm hoping we'll pick up some new fans and better attendance in the long run. We really do need better cheers though.

What was the Gopher dance? I had always thought they should play Kenny Loggins' I'm Alright after a TD and then put this video on the big screen. Even wrote Joel Maturi an e-mail about it haha.

Top Bottom