STrib's Big Ten short takes: Hoosiers rest up for Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

• After losing a shootout at Michigan last week, Indiana has a bye week heading into its Nov. 2 home game against the Gophers. The Hoosiers need three wins to secure their first bowl berth since 2007, and besides Minnesota, they also have remaining home games against Illinois and Purdue. Indiana already got a signature win for third-year coach Kevin Wilson when it defeated Penn State 44-24 on Oct. 5. Next week’s game against Minnesota will be a measuring stick for both programs.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/229185611.html

Go Gophers!!

Why does it seem that every opponent we play has a bye the week before we play them?

Thought the same thing. I'm too lazy to check into this. Anyone know if it is my imagination that we are seemingly everyone's opponent following their bye week?

Thought the same thing. I'm too lazy to check into this. Anyone know if it is my imagination that we are seemingly everyone's opponent following their bye week?

I'm also too lazy to go back and find the thread that references this. But it was documented at the beginning of the season by a GopherHoler all of the teams we play this year that are coming off a bye week.

By my count it's 3 conference opponents this year: Michigan, Nebraska, and Indiana. 3/8 conference games being against teams coming off bye weeks and not playing Purdue or Illinois = toughest schedule in the conference this year.

We also played San Jose State coming off their bye, which everyone thought would be (and was) our toughest non-conf opponent. That, along with the three big ten opponents, is why it seems so bad.

Someone posted that the Gophers play four teams coming off a bye.

Top Bottom