STrib: Wilson looking forward to NFL Combine, sees chance to boost his draft stock

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

As first cousins, teammates and roommates, former Gophers Damien Wilson and David Cobb have gotten to know each other inside and out. Last October, when I visited their two-bedroom apartment on University Avenue, I asked Cobb to share something about Wilson that might surprise people.

"He likes to bake," Cobb said, chuckling. "Red-velvet cakes and cookies. I’ve got a sweet tooth, but it’s not just me. If he makes a batch of cookies, we already know -- if it's 16, he gets eight and I get eight. And that probably lasts maybe three minutes."

I caught up with Wilson on Monday and asked him if he's done any baking out in Manhattan Beach, Calif., where he and Cobb are living now, getting ready for next week's NFL Combine.

"No, no, no, no!" Wilson said. "We can’t make cookies anymore. We had to cut back on that for a while. ... Maybe after we both get drafted, we can celebrate with a batch of cookies."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/291412121.html

Go Gophers!!

Maybe we'll see Wilson make a Superbowl winning interception next year.

If he runs well, I think he could really rocket up boards. I hope he does b/c he's one of my favorite players and I think he deserves a shot

Top Bottom