STrib: Tanner Morgan's development is measured in more than just numbers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

The 2020 season — with COVID-19 a constant threat to wreak havoc on a team’s lineup — will offer Morgan and the Gophers the added challenge of being able to adjust on the fly.

“You have to be willing to adapt your play to the people around you, and I think that’s where Tanner’s got to be able to evolve the most,” Gophers coach PJ. Fleck said. “Not that he isn’t, but he’s just got to continue to evolve the most, and that’s making every single person around him better, by elevating his play.”

Morgan, who takes a 15-4 record as a starter for the No. 21-ranked Gophers into the game against No. 18 Michigan, is embracing his coach’s challenge.

“It’s 2020. You never know what can happen,” Morgan said. “You can go from being a scout-team guy to a starter. That’s a critical message to echo: Everybody has to be ready and everybody’s role is incredibly important.”

Go Gophers!!

He is the key 100% to repeating last year. He will see extra pass rush this year so we better be able to run. He is adaptive and great on the fly.

Morgan had an awesome year last year. No doubt we wouldn't be where we are at today without him. He clearly was a surprise at least to me.

One is able to see leidner island from the top of Morgan mountain.

He really came on in 2018 and I had a good feeling about him going into the 2019 season. That good feeling wasn't optimistic enough because I still didn't anticipate he'd be able to perform at the level he did in games like Purdue and Penn State. Is it even possible to take another leap of that magnitude this year? If so, I would think it would have to include something unlikely - his arm getting a lot stronger. But, even if he is the same QB we saw in 2019, that would be a very good thing for the Gophers.

Top Bottom