STrib: Tai'yon Devers to miss Penn State game with injury

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Gophers defensive end Tai'yon Devers will miss Saturday's game at Penn State, with an injury, the team announced Tuesday, as it released its weekly depth chart.

The list of other players who are out with injuries for the Penn State game: Safety Ace Rogers, cornerback Coney Durr, defensive back Alex Starks, linebacker Carter Coughlin, linebacker Nick Rallis, tight end Brandon Lingen, receiver Rashad Still.

http://www.startribune.com/tai-yon-...965291/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Unbelieveable. Come on University sxxx or get off the pot concerning the 4 players. Not fair to them or their teammates or the coaches. We fans will take what comes.

Maybe I am just feeling sorry for myself but when I read that I just rolled my eyes and said to myself: "figures"

Yeah...there's that fine line between funny and, well, tasteless.

I'll just toss out that bitching about inconvenient the investigation into a criminal complaint is to our football viewing is pretty far down the tasteless bath too....

They have not been charged at this late date yet they were suspended.
Which leads one to guess that the incident was serious enough that the suspensions were a cautionary measure to protect the coaches and the U if they were eventually charged.

Yeah...there's that fine line between funny and, well, tasteless.

I find a lot of tasteless things funny. The two things are not and should not be mutually exclusive. If they were Family Guy wouldn't exist. I'm glad it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelieveable. Come on University sxxx or get off the pot concerning the 4 players. Not fair to them or their teammates or the coaches. We fans will take what comes.
Perhaps their conduct is what isn't fair to their teammates, coaches, or University.

Seems like our trainers and strength coaches are working overtime, again.

Man, I know every team deals with injuries, but the Gophers have had rough luck since last year. We're now down our top overall receiving threat, deep threat, and pass rusher. Not to mention #2 safety and #2 CB (although not injury). And what the hell, a couple LBs for good measure. I don't want to be negative, but coupled with the less than impressive wins in non conference play, this is starting to feel like deja vu.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Man, I know every team deals with injuries, but the Gophers have had rough luck since last year. We're now down our <b>top overall receiving threat, deep threat, and pass rusher. </b>Not to mention #2 safety and #2 CB (although not injury). And what the hell, a couple LBs for good measure. I don't want to be negative, but coupled with the less than impressive wins in non conference play, this is starting to feel like deja vu.

Assuming you have tagged RS88 our top receiving threat and TD92 our top pass rusher - but who have you tagged as our "top deep threat" that is out due to injury?

Assuming you have tagged RS88 our top receiving threat and TD92 our top pass rusher - but who have you tagged as our "top deep threat" that is out due to injury?

Lingen?

Oh RS88 is the top deep threat. OK. I was assuming he was referring to the often mentioned and never seen IG2 and I missed that he was making a legitimate claim. My bad.

Man, I know every team deals with injuries, but the Gophers have had rough luck since last year. We're now down our top overall receiving threat, deep threat, and pass rusher. Not to mention #2 safety and #2 CB (although not injury). And what the hell, a couple LBs for good measure. I don't want to be negative, but coupled with the less than impressive wins in non conference play, this is starting to feel like deja vu.

https://youtu.be/M8XQV0PYf3c

We had a top deep threat.... or a deep threat at all?

We had a top deep threat.... or a deep threat at all?

If you put eight 300 pound guys on the track and tell them to run the 110 hurdles, there will be 1 that finishes first. He might not be world class, but he would be the "top".

Hate to see Devers out for this game, would have been awesome to see him start to put teams in the Big Ten on notice right away in conference play. Hopefully he can get back soon.

I think this week we need the big boys to try stop the run. Devers, at this point, is a one trick pony. He's been great at rushing the end, but we really need to stop that PSU running game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/31g0YE61PLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom