STrib: Short Gophers defensive tackle playing big as freshman

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

“It’s all cool to be a starter as a true freshman,” Richardson said. “But the way it happened is not the way I wanted it to be. The way [Ekpe] put me under his wing, I felt like he knew that this was going to happen to somebody.

“So I’m also playing for him, just to have his back.”

At 18, Richardson seems to have poise and maturity well beyond his years. Lenti traces it to Richardson’s parents, Steven and Valerie.

“There are going to be a lot of coaches in the Big Ten who are going to wish they had this guy,” Lenti said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/273870601.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

How can you not be excited about this guy? Hope he just tears it up this year.

How can you not be excited about this guy? Hope he just tears it up this year.

Got to love the confidence for a true freshman. Will be interesting to see how he holds up in the conference season and for the team's sake hopefully he has a great year. Still a lot to expect a true freshman to make an impact on the line in the Big Ten, not impossible but I am sure there will be some significant ups and downs for him this season.

During his recruitment we were told if he was 3-4 inches taller he'd be a 4-star. Regardless, Richardson appears to have a bright future and will likely be a menace to the opponent in a couple years.

Richardson was one of my favorite players in this class. He absolutely dominated in high school playing against really good competition.

Top Bottom