STrib: Same record, but Gophers look better this year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe Christensen:

The Gophers football team is 4-0 heading into Iowa Week, just like last year, when the Hawkeyes took all that momentum and squashed it, sending Minnesota home with a 31-13 defeat.

“They physically got after us a year ago — physically, mentally, every phase of the game,” Gophers coach Jerry Kill recalled Sunday.

“I think we’re a bigger, stronger team than we were a year ago, but so are they,” Kill said. “I think they’re a much better team than they were a year ago, without a doubt.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/224808462.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Staff got outcoached last year in the 1st half. They made adjustments but it was far too late. FBT site did a fantastic breakdown of 'wha happened??' last year at Iowa.

Staff got outcoached last year in the 1st half. They made adjustments but it was far too late. FBT site did a fantastic breakdown of 'wha happened??' last year at Iowa.

If we connect on that DCT throw right away, we are up 7-0 and it would have been a different game. A lot like the UNLV game where we just couldn't connect on the home run plays.

Clearly we are much more physical than we have been in the past which is helping our run game, but I will feel much better about our team when we prove we can complete a forward pass or two against a Big Ten defense.

Top Bottom