STrib: Rutgers basketball: Basketball misery worse than Minnesota's

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sinker:

On Tuesday night, if all goes as expected, Minnesota and Rutgers will bring matching 0-14 records to Williams Arena for a (men's) basketball game. That presumes the Gophers lose to No. 6-ranked Maryland on Thursday night and Penn State beats Rutgers over the weekend.

Misery loves company, you know, and Rutgers has had it even worse than Minnesota.

In a letter to the school's athletic director on his Rutgers blog, Dave White wrote: "The (arena) is a morgue. In the past three years, Rutgers has lost to Fairleigh Dickinson, St. Peter's, William and Mary, St. Francis, and Monmouth."

Not to mention 28 losses in a row in the Big Ten, including a pair to Minnesota last season.While the Gophers have taken a small amount of consolation by hanging tough and playing close games before losing, Rutgers has gotten blown out time after time after time. All of the Scarlet Knights' Big Ten losses except two have been by double digits, including a 107-57 defeat by Purdue.

http://www.startribune.com/rutgers-basketball-basketball-misery-worse-than-minnesota-s/369106791/

Go Gophers!!

From the same article:

Last week, Jordan gave the spirited defense of his team to reporters. In response to a question about the impatience of Rutgers fans, he said: “I’m sorry. If that’s the way they feel, I’m sorry they feel that way. They just have to be more educated in what the real deal is, if they understand what this conference is about, what type of players and teams we’re going up against with injuries and being a young team. If they don’t understand that, I don’t need to read what the reaction is. I don’t care about the reaction honestly.”

Go Gophers!!

From the same article:

Last week, Jordan gave the spirited defense of his team to reporters. In response to a question about the impatience of Rutgers fans, he said: “I’m sorry. If that’s the way they feel, I’m sorry they feel that way. They just have to be more educated in what the real deal is, if they understand what this conference is about, what type of players and teams we’re going up against with injuries and being a young team. If they don’t understand that, I don’t need to read what the reaction is. I don’t care about the reaction honestly.”

Go Gophers!!
Sounds like a dead man walking. Although in his defense Cory Sanders is a nice building piece, if they can bring in some competent pieces in the next couple classes and keep them together, they could have something in three years. Don'ts has for a recruiting class next year seems like just about everyone in the league is bringing in at least one four star talent.

Coaches say the darndest things when they know they're about to get fired. Then even more, afterwards.

Maybe they can bring back Mike Rice...:cool:

Top Bottom