STrib: Running back injuries leave Gophers shuffling ahead of Michigan State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Randy:

Taylor, a true freshman, left Minnesota's 12-10 victory over the Hawkeyes early in the fourth quarter. He had an 11-yard gain on his final carry but grabbed his left hamstring after being tackled. Taylor led the Gophers with 59 yards on 16 carries.

Evans, a redshirt freshman, left the game late in the second quarter because of a right leg injury suffered on his 10th and final carry, leaving him with 44 rushing yards. He limped off the field with assistance from trainers.

Fleck on Monday was asked what his backfield might look like if Taylor and Evans can't play.

"We'll see. The good thing is we got some good news on some guys,'' Fleck said, without identifying the players. "Jordan Nubin is going to have to be able to be ready to go; he was ready last week. Sean Tyler, too. Hopefully, we'll have one of [Taylor or Evans] in the mix. Next man up.''

Go Gophers!!

This topic made me think of LeCaptain. I know the staff wants him as a LB, but I remember his one outing in the backfield and I thought of him. I see he's out for the season, but haven't been able to see what the injury is. Anyone know?

I worry about every game, but I'm not as worried as some here about the running backs.

Fleck has proved often enough that "next man up" works pretty well with Gopher runners.

Mo goes down, and Trey Potts takes the B1G lead in rushing. Potts goes down, and Ky Thomas and Bucky Irving step in.

Nothing is certain, fingers crossed, but I have faith.

Is Marquese Williams injured? With Fleck, sometimes these FR start playing out of nowhere.

I also expect to see more passing again this week which might be what Athan needs.

This topic made me think of LeCaptain. I know the staff wants him as a LB, but I remember his one outing in the backfield and I thought of him. I see he's out for the season, but haven't been able to see what the injury is. Anyone know?
Don't know exactly but he's been out on the coin toss and his arm has been in a sling all this fall.

Top Bottom