STrib: Ricky Foggie takes head football job at Park Center

Love how guys that came here to play stick around afterwards. Seems like a good selling point for Kill.

Good luck is all I have to say about the Park Center job. Did they find a new conference or are they still playing in the NW suburban?

Alot of good players that would normally go to Park Center end up going to Champlin Park or Osseo. Hopefully Rickey can turn that around otherwise it will be tough for him.

I'll believe it when I see the 85 Datsun 280Z with lic plates reading 'THE FOG' is in the PC lot.

They're still in the NW Suburban, but they dropped down to 4A in football, based on the percentage of students on reduced lunch. I think most of the good athletes in that district choose to go to Osseo or Maple Grove (not Champlin Park, which is in the Anoka district, and I think is too full to take open enrollment kids).

Park Center is a pretty tough school these days. I live in the district (though am moving out soon) and a lot of the people I talk to won't send their kids there. It's a far cry from when I was in high school in the late 80's early 90's and PC was a major sports power. Best of luck to Foggie.

They're still in the NW Suburban, but they dropped down to 4A in football, based on the percentage of students on reduced lunch. I think most of the good athletes in that district choose to go to Osseo or Maple Grove (not Champlin Park, which is in the Anoka district, and I think is too full to take open enrollment kids).

Park Center is a pretty tough school these days. I live in the district (though am moving out soon) and a lot of the people I talk to won't send their kids there. It's a far cry from when I was in high school in the late 80's early 90's and PC was a major sports power. Best of luck to Foggie.

I wouldn't say the good athletes move out so much as the families with money. There are some good athletes in the system, but they are lacking in resources. Up until several years ago, PC didn't even have a playable football field, all home games were played at Osseo.

I wouldn't say the good athletes move out so much as the families with money. There are some good athletes in the system, but they are lacking in resources. Up until several years ago, PC didn't even have a playable football field, all home games were played at Osseo.

Pretty sure it was when the district built Maple Grove high school that they had to build the football field. Two teams sharing the stadium in Osseo was okay, but three teams would have been tough, and they couldn't have just built a stadium for MG without doing so for PC as well.

There are still people with money in the northern part of Brooklyn Park, but they're getting fewer, and property values are dropping. A lot of those people are sending their kids to Totino, DeLaSalle, and Benilde, and a lot of the good athletes are going to schools like Hopkins under OE.

A BIG advertising point for the new construction up on the Brooklyn Park - Champlin border is that a development is in the Anoka (Champlin Park) district, and it shows in housing costs.

Top Bottom