STrib: Reggie Lynch is at center of Gophers' turnaround

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Lynch was a late bloomer in high school, passed over by the Gophers and other major schools.

He went to Illinois State, where he lost a close mentor when an assistant coach died in a 2015 plane crash.

He transferred home, sat out last season because of NCAA transfer rules and went through shoulder surgery in February and minor knee surgery in late September.

He recovered from both injuries, but in between came a sexual assault investigation in May involving a 19-year-old woman. After a summerlong suspension and university investigation, Lynch was reinstated in September. The decision was cleared by the school's Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action office — the same group at the center of the recent controversy involving 10 Gophers football players.

Not looking back, Lynch has become arguably Pitino's most important player in a surprising season, one in which the Gophers already have won four more games than they did in all of 2015-16. Their revival goes up against Michigan State in Tuesday night's Big Ten opener.

"Adversity in general, no matter what it is, can make you better if you overcome it," Lynch said. "You can't really let injuries hinder you, as well as the [suspension] that happened this summer. You would think I would be consumed with all of the adversity, but once you step on the court it all goes away. You just work toward your goal, and that's basically what I've done."

http://www.startribune.com/reggie-lynch-is-at-center-of-gophers-turnaround/408361046/

Go Gophers!!

It helped Reggie, with the EoAA, that his uncle is a high profile white guy. Had he been from a different family, it's likely he would have been expelled. Yeah for that EoAA board!

It helped Reggie, with the EoAA, that his uncle is a high profile white guy. Had he been from a different family, it's likely he would have been expelled. Yeah for that EoAA board!

You can really be an a$$ sometimes.

You can really be an a$$ sometimes.
Read today's article about the football team. I will quote the good part for you here.

"They were playing, they said, because Kaler and Coyle had agreed to ensure that their teammates would get an appeals hearing before a diverse panel — something they insisted on because all 10 accused in the case are black.

But even with the boycott rescinded, they didn’t feel like they had a resolution, at least not with school leaders.

“I believe this could very well have been avoided,” Rosha said. “The team appeared to appreciate having a respectful dialogue.”

Don, it may ruffle your bald head, but racism is very much in play at the U of M.

He hurt us tonight not playing very smart with stupid fouls. Maybe played 11 minutes

He sure didn't look it today. 3 points on the night with 5 fouls? Ouch

Read today's article about the football team. I will quote the good part for you here.

"They were playing, they said, because Kaler and Coyle had agreed to ensure that their teammates would get an appeals hearing before a diverse panel — something they insisted on because all 10 accused in the case are black.

But even with the boycott rescinded, they didn’t feel like they had a resolution, at least not with school leaders.

“I believe this could very well have been avoided,” Rosha said. “The team appeared to appreciate having a respectful dialogue.”

Don, it may ruffle your bald head, but racism is very much in play at the U of M.

Racism may be present at the "U", but I hope you'll admit it's a farly progressive place and you just can't overlook that the director of the EEOA at the U is African American. She's been very concerned for over two years with the sexual culture within the football team. And how do you know the accuser in the Reggie Lynch case wasn't bat-sh@t crazy, thus setting Reggie "free". They probably couldn't care less that his uncle is Kevin. So let me get this straight. The EEOA is corrupt without a doubt, but the police couldn't possibly be corrupt and incompetent in investigating the incident with the football team. Oh wait, the police kill black men on purpose, but let's forget that now cause it doesn't fit your narrative. Wow, you'll say anything. How do you keep it all straight?

Racism may be present at the "U", but I hope you'll admit it's a farly progressive place and you just can't overlook that the director of the EEOA at the U is African American. She's been very concerned for over two years with the sexual culture within the football team. And how do you know the accuser in the Reggie Lynch case wasn't bat-sh@t crazy, thus setting Reggie "free". They probably couldn't care less that his uncle is Kevin. So let me get this straight. The EEOA is corrupt without a doubt, but the police couldn't possibly be corrupt and incompetent in investigating the incident with the football team. Oh wait, the police kill black men on purpose, but let's forget that now cause it doesn't fit your narrative. Wow, you'll say anything. How do you keep it all straight?
You make a huge leap in assuming I don't see racism in the police force.
Institutional racism runs deep in Minnesota and progressive America. One African American person on the EoAA board doesn't eliminate the inherent racism in our culture. The tribalistic feminist culture just adds more guilt lumped on to black men in Minnesota.

You make a huge leap in assuming I don't see racism in the police force.
Institutional racism runs deep in Minnesota and progressive America. One African American person on the EoAA board doesn't eliminate the inherent racism in our culture. The tribalistic feminist culture just adds more guilt lumped on to black men in Minnesota.

I don't know if your claims are correct or not, but for sake of discussion I will concede that racism runs deep all over. Now, will you concede that, on a percentage basis, young African Americans seem to be doing more destructive stuff and bringing much attention onto themselves by their behavior.

I don't know if your claims are correct or not, but for sake of discussion I will concede that racism runs deep all over. Now, will you concede that, on a percentage basis, African Americans seem to be doing more destructive stuff and bringing much attention onto themselves by their behavior.
I concede that the lower class in America struggles with different moral deficiencies than the middle and upper class in America. I concede that those in power overlook and trivialize their own sins while demonizing the sins of the lower class. I concede that men can use their physical power to abuse those who aren't as physically powerful.
The jury was never even called in to determine if 10 black men in the football team were in the wrong. Instead a panel of progressives and feminists declared guilt and judgment before an appeal could even be made. Reggie Lynch was lucky. He had rich, upper middle class family culture to help sway the panel. This was not the case with the 10 football players.
The EoAA is very flawed and apparently racist.

Fair enough. I can't disprove what you say. But I'm curious how you know for sure that Reggie's family culture swayed the panel. Seems like youre stereotyping. And isn't stereotyping something we both don't approve of? Is anything legitimate when it involves African Americans? Or is it all tainted, biased and racist?

The bigger difference with the football team is the number of people involved which always increases the chance of coercion. And the trackable post incident activity by the football team. Which is also what got Claeys in trouble - praising them for standing by their teammates when this is what deepened the problem. I don't see these two incidents as related.

Top Bottom