STrib: New AD: someone to invest in people

Amelia did a bang up job on this report. Well done, Amelia Rayno. Thanks.

Norwood Teague, soon to be in charge of Gophers athletics, believes in forging relationships with donors and making them feel like a part of the team.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/149364845.html

Go Gophers!!

this is a really good article by amelia rayno with a lot of good quotes. would highly recommend gopherholers read it to get a better idea of just how norwood teague approaches the AD role. i like his style.

What amazes me is he got that guy to give long before they made it to the Final Four. I hope he can find people here willing to pony up that kind of dough.

What a breath of fresh air. I hope he doesn't forget how do to this between Richmond and Minneapolis:) We have one of the largest number of alumni in the country and I would assume one of the least engaged. Plus being in a large metropolitan area with corporate HQ's in your backyard NT must be excited for what the potential is. The hire of NT along with the Associate AD from Ohio State a while back seem like a nice combo of Administrator and a Fundraiser/Visionary.

this is a really good article by amelia rayno with a lot of good quotes. would highly recommend gopherholers read it to get a better idea of just how norwood teague approaches the AD role. i like his style.

+19

For those of you that care for a little nostalgia, this is from the comment section of the article.:)

"eyeinthesky
Apr. 29, 12
8:42 AM
I've heard all the talk too many times. I wish our new AD the VERY BEST. I sincerely do hope that prexy k provides the kind of leadership that it will take and that our new Norwood and our good prexy are locked in unison step on indetifying the issues, prioritizing the NEEDS and in laying down an agenda that will help insure excellence on all fronts for our revenue sports, and ESPECIALLY football, since football takes the most resocurces, and also provides the GREATEST potential rvenue producer to support the ENTIRE athletic department, all the programs, coaches, teams, players and the entire fan base. As football goes...so will go the financial health of the entire athletic department. May our new Norwood's efforts result in strong, competetive BIG TEN Programs. May we FINALLY compete in the Big Ten during the football season with our two major rivals AND the top half of the schools within the Big Ten Standings with much more consistency than our previous athletic director achieved. Good luck and best wishes to our new Norwood! ; 0 )"

From what I have learned so far, the word I would use to describe our new AD is; PROMOTER.

From what I have learned so far, the word I would use to describe our new AD is; PROMOTER.
Probably the best description. His first jobs for athletic departments were in marketing.

station19 at 10:19 am, quote from "eyeinthesky" from Amelia's Strib article. Gee, I wonder who eyeinthesky is???? :banghead:

station19 at 10:19 am, quote from "eyeinthesky" from Amelia's Strib article. Gee, I wonder who eyeinthesky is???? :banghead:

I think I going to be sick Dr.Don. What happen to it is all about Big Ten Wins?

I enjoy the part how he got the Vanderbilt alum who lived in Richmond to cut a check. It's not just engaging our alumni, but people in the area in general, which we have lacked. Us rubes will always be there, through heaven and hell, the non-gophers are the ones we can look into.

Good article, it actually might be a positive to have an AD who is married to his job.

Top Bottom