STrib: Lindsay Whalen, other WNBA stars rave about Rachel Banham

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sinker:

Lynx point guard and Minnesota alum Lindsay Whalen told ESPN's Mechelle Voepel: "The most impressive to me was the game winner, down one, when she faded left and made it to win. That's big time."

Whalen added that she worked out with the Gophers a few times preparing for training camp, from which the U.S. Olympic team for this summer's game will be chosen, and she had a chance to visit with Banham about her recovery from the knee surgery that ended her 2014-15 season after 10 games.

"She said it was right around the start of Big Ten season that she kind of turned the corner mentally, and body-wise too. She was stronger and was able to gain a lot of confidence," Whalen told Voepel.

http://www.startribune.com/lindsay-whalen-other-wnba-stars-rave-about-rachel-banham/369815061/

Go Gophers!!

thanks and Kobe has a thing for Rachel also.....pretty cool for him to talk about her during his press conference

thanks and Kobe has a thing for Rachel also.....pretty cool for him to talk about her during his press conference

If I didn't know any better I'd say Kobe is making a play on 'Dre's girlfriend. Don't be fooled, Rachel.

What, out of anything that Kobe has said or done, makes it seem like he is romantically interested in her? Just curious, because the real answer is "absolutely nothing".

What, out of anything that Kobe has said or done, makes it seem like he is romantically interested in her? Just curious, because the real answer is "absolutely nothing".

^ Is this dude serious? It was a tongue and cheek comment, clearly sarcastic and in good nature. Geepers creepers.

^ Is this dude serious? It was a tongue and cheek comment, clearly sarcastic and in good nature. Geepers creepers.

Do me a favor. Pretend for a minute that you're not a Dude. Read Sinker's article about WNBA stars heaping praise on Banham. Figure out that the only comments that Gopher Holers can muster up are takes on how Kobe (not mentioned in the article at all, IIRC) must "have a thing" for her because he said nice things about her. Try not to feel at least somewhat disappointed. Sorry to "take your fun away" or whatever, I was just posting matter-of-factly and it seemed pretty justified.

Yeah, he's was more interested when she was 14. That's his thing...

Do me a favor. Pretend for a minute that you're not a Dude. Read Sinker's article about WNBA stars heaping praise on Banham. Figure out that the only comments that Gopher Holers can muster up are takes on how Kobe (not mentioned in the article at all, IIRC) must "have a thing" for her because he said nice things about her. Try not to feel at least somewhat disappointed. Sorry to "take your fun away" or whatever, I was just posting matter-of-factly and it seemed pretty justified.

So instead of building on the original post which didn't mention Kobe, you've now had two posts talking about Kobe. I am trying not to feel at least somewhat disappointed by your inability to talk about Kobe in a thread that initially had nothing to do with Kobe.

The path that some of these threads take on GH are positively baffling.

I'm not sure what the heck you are smoking but it should be banned even in Colorado. Didn't Kobe also have some kind of trouble himself in that state?

I'm not sure what the heck you are smoking but it should be banned even in Colorado. Didn't Kobe also have some kind of trouble himself in that state?

Okay, I'll bite on this. Let me know what part of my message or messages you find is totally out of left field or shoved up a bong.

Top Bottom