STrib: Lindsay Whalen on building a program

Main take always for me was Whalen expects most of her roster back next year which I hope is true. She saw progress during this year. Sounds like she expect next year’s juniors to take a bigger step And not use youth as an excuse. Did I hear correctly that with a non conference schedule she is expecting a 20 win season?

I found this interview to be of NO substance and actually a little irritating. I learned nothing new about the program or any of the players. Yes, I believe you’re correct that Whalen believes a 20 win season is a possibility.

Solid interview. Coach is recruiting players and getting the program pointed in the right direction. Players just gotta buy in, believe, and keep developing as students and players. I believe that we can win 20 games next season.

Solid interview. Coach is recruiting players and getting the program pointed in the right direction. Players just gotta buy in, believe, and keep developing as students and players. I believe that we can win 20 games next season.
I believe I can win the Powerball, but it hasn’t happened so far.

The NCAA has come out with a strong statement supporting transgender athletes. Is Whalen going to embrace this by recruiting transgender players?
Back in 2010 the first openly transgender D1 player, George Washington's Kye Allums (from Centenneal), played at Williams Arena right after coming out. ESPN made a deal out of it.

The formal NCAA policy on Transgender athletes dates back to about 2011. That's over a decade.

Top Bottom