STrib: King officially ruled out for the Big Ten Tournament

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Amelia:

Joey King has officially been ruled out for the Big Ten tournament with a foot injury, coach Richard Pitino said on Monday.

The senior forward fractured his right foot in the closing minutes of Wednesday’s home loss to Wisconsin when he landed on it awkwardly. He sat out the team’s regular-season finale, a 75-52 loss at Rutgers on Saturday.

Pitino had initially said there was a slight chance King returned for Wednesday's opening-round game against Illinois but said when the trainers removed the walking boot, he couldn’t put any pressure on it. The coach said it didn’t come as a surprise to King.

“I think he thought in his mind that he wasn’t going to play,” Pitino said. “I think he knew. We spoke the next day and he said “I don’t think I’m going to play again.” I said well let’s just see what the swelling does, take it day by day. But I think he knew. He’s come to grips with it. It’s difficult for him to end like this. It stinks for him. It’s not the way I wanted him to go out. But unfortunately, it’s just the hand we were dealt and we’ve just got to deal with it.”

http://www.startribune.com/king-officially-ruled-out-for-the-big-ten-tournament/371273801/

Go Gophers!!

The good news is that nobody stole his phone.

Top Bottom