STrib: Kill, Limegrover raise performance bar for Gophers offense

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Jerry Kill entered a Gophers team meeting last Friday with the experience of a coach who has seen offenses stuck in neutral, and the confidence of a strategist who has shifted those teams into a higher gear.

His team was smarting from the previous night’s 23-17 loss to TCU. It marked the fifth defeat in seven games dating to last season, each when scoring fewer than 25 points. Kill decided this was the moment to underscore some new expectations.

Thirty-one points. Four hundred yards.

Not just Saturday at Colorado State, but on a per-game average for the rest of the season.

“We have no excuse; we’ve got to try to do that,” Kill said, after repeating those benchmarks to the media. “We do that and play good defense, we’re going to win a lot of games.”

http://www.startribune.com/kill-limegrover-raise-performance-bar-for-gophers-offense/326876681/

Go Gophers!!

I would take few turnovers and fewer penalties. We had around 350 yards in the TCU game right?

The playbook is being opened up wider as we get longer on experience and new horses in the stable. I like that the team is setting a new bar brick by brick.

Go GOphers!

Coach Kill: :horse: "Giddy-up now!"

I think this is a very measurable way for the Gophers to set a goal for offensive improvement. It is also very attainable. I continue to be very impressed with the way Coach Kill manages this team. If you read the article, you will see a year-by-year improvement. I hope that this coaching staff has a long tenure here, as I think they are the answer. My fear is that fans won't be patient during inevitable seasons where we plateau or even take a small step back.

I think this is a very measurable way for the Gophers to set a goal for offensive improvement. It is also very attainable. I continue to be very impressed with the way Coach Kill manages this team. If you read the article, you will see a year-by-year improvement. I hope that this coaching staff has a long tenure here, as I think they are the answer. My fear is that fans won't be patient during inevitable seasons where we plateau or even take a small step back.

Some fans already haven't been patient enough with the offense. As the article states, it's clear that development and improvement have taken place, it has just been a little slower on the offensive side of the ball compared to defense and special teams. I definitely still believe in Limegrover and Kill in turning around this offense. As Kill has stated numerous times, they focused on defense and special teams first in the turnaround, including in recruiting. I give the offense another year or two and I think we'll be right where we need to be to be a consistently great team in the big ten.

Top Bottom