STrib: Kill confident facilities construction will begin in August; injury updates

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Jerry Kill continues to have full confidence that the University of Minnesota will be ready to break ground on its new $150 athletic facilities project in August.

“I expect [the shovel] to be in the ground during two-a-day camp,” Kill said Friday. “That’s what I’ve said all along, and I expect that to happen. … I’ve told the recruits, and so it needs to get done.”

* Cody Poock, who tore the ACL in his right knee last March, will be at full speed for spring practice and is a candidate to replace departing senior Damien Wilson as the starting middle linebacker.

* Duke Anyanwu, who tore the ACL in his right knee early in August, also has been cleared for spring practice, Kill said. Anyanwu is one of several candidates the Gophers are counting on to help replace NFL-bound tight end Maxx Williams.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/291866911.html

Go Gophers!!

Well there you go. Jon Christenson will be starting on the O-Line.

$150? I can take care of that cost by myself. I'll even pay it in cash. Can I get my name on the building?

Well there you go. Jon Christenson will be starting on the O-Line.

I know he likes him but kind of a buzz kill (ha) if you thought you might be the guy to beat him out. Coach is saying there is no chance. :confused:

There have been a lot of conflicting sources as to when the earliest we can get shovels in the ground. We've heard that either August or October from different people is the earliest we can get going.

There have been a lot of conflicting sources as to when the earliest we can get shovels in the ground. We've heard that either August or October from different people is the earliest we can get going.

Yep, at this point it seems like this project is almost certain to happen but the timing is still way up in the air. Kill is going to keep banging on the August date to apply whatever pressure he can but I am not going to bank on anything until there is an official announcement.

Maybe Kill is working an angle or knows something we don't. Still think we need T Denny to get over the top and Kill is the key to that.

Top Bottom