STrib: Jordan Murphy eyes All-Big Ten sophomore season with Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Jordan Murphy showed glimpses as a freshman of being an all-conference caliber player in the future.

So what type of sophomore season can we expect?

“Being All-Big Ten is definitely the goal,” Murphy said. “I have really ambitious goals and that’s one of them. I think that’s really a possibility.”

Being overlooked nationally might not bother Murphy. But he’s motivated to have a big year to help the Gophers become relevant again. And that will help raise his profile as well.

“There’s a look in his eye that, I think he had a good individual year, but obviously he wants more,” Gophers coach Richard Pitino said. “He wants to be part of something big.”

http://www.startribune.com/jordan-murphy-eyes-all-big-ten-sophomore-season-with-gophers/396075281/

Go Gophers!!

He has the ability. He just needs to stay on the floor. If he can defend without fouling, he can get enough minutes to really be productive (beyond what he gave us last year).

I think that the potential for Murphy to become a star this year is there and is under rated. I like his potential and that of this team.

Murphy's frequent foul trouble last year was due in most part to Gophs not having high-end interior defenders / him having to match up with opposing team's best inside player. Having Lynch in the middle will take a lot of pressure off of Murphy. Think of all of those close B10 games that Murph had to sit significant minutes and what an impact that made...

Beyond that, if Lynch / Murph do get in foul trouble, I have no issues with Curry coming in and getting extra minutes. Really excited to see this kid play this year.

Top Bottom