STrib: Incoming freshmen Jamal Mashburn Jr. and David Mutaf anxious to join Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

“I think we got something [special] this year for sure,” Mashburn Jr. told the Star Tribune on Thursday. “Can’t wait to get up there and get to work.”

Mashburn, a four-star Brewster Academy (N.H.) combo guard, decided it was best to remain with his family in Florida and work out from home this summer during the pandemic. “Not tough at all,” he said about staying away from the spiking COVID- 19 infections in his state. “I have everything I need at home.”

“Summer has been good,” Mashburn added. “Just continuing to be in the best condition. And [working] on a lot of ball screen stuff at all three levels. Just excited to get started and start winning some games and playing ball.”

Ronnie Taylor, a prominent basketball trainer in Miami, has been working with Mashburn this summer with other clients at Taylor Sports Group, which includes former Gophers star guard Nate Mason.

"[Minnesota] got them a special one," Taylor said. "Jamal is gonna be special ... He's not running from anyone. He's crafty, works extremely hard, has a great feel for the game."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom