STrib: Gophers safety Tyler Nubin looks to raise his NFL stock even higher

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Randy:

Antoine Winfield Jr. patrolled the Gophers secondary from 2016 to '19, earning All-America honors and displaying a love of football and a flair for the dramatic that helped him become a second-round NFL draft choice.

So, when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety had the chance to discuss Tyler Nubin, his Gophers understudy, one could sense the excitement in his words over the phone.

"He's going to have an awesome senior year. He's going to ball out, and he'll be playing up here, against me or with me," Winfield declared.

Beginning with Thursday's season opener against Nebraska at Huntington Bank Stadium, Nubin, a fifth-year senior safety, hopes to bolster his NFL draft stock while helping the Gophers contend for a Big Ten West title. He's on the watch list for the Thorpe (top defensive back), Bednarik (top defensive player) and Nagurski (top defensive player) awards and a couple of preseason All-America teams, but Nubin would rather focus on what lies ahead.

"I don't really hang my hat on anything I've done in the past," he said. "It's always about what I'm going to do next. That's why I love this game."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom