STrib: Gophers' restocked receiver corps could hold the keys to the season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

"Our depth is something unlike any other years we've had," Jackson, a 6-foot senior, said. "We've got multiple dudes. It's hard to count on one [hand] how many guys can go out there and play."

Surpassing the production at receiver from the 2023 season won't be a tall task.

Jackson caught 59 passes for 831 yards and eight touchdowns. But the next four receivers (Corey Crooms, Chris Autman-Bell, Le'Meke Brockington, and Elijah Spencer) combined for just 48 catches for 602 yards and five TDs.

"We've had four of the top 10 receivers I think at the University of Minnesota," Fleck said at Big Ten media day about his Gophers tenure. "When we're talking about the pass game, we want that to be way better. We want to be way more balanced, but we also have to be able to have the personnel to do that, which I think we have. We're deeper at wideout."

Williams, a 6-3, 210-pound redshirt freshman, is arguably the most talented receiver on the roster and a name to remember heading into the U's Aug. 29 opener against North Carolina.

The former four-star recruit and Under Armour All-American played in two games for Georgia last season before redshirting. Williams was highly coveted after entering the transfer portal in the spring.

"He's got some things to work on with our offense, but he's a very freaky athletic player," Brockington said. "I feel like he's going to be a great player at Minnesota."

Go Gophers!!

I’ll believe it when I see it. I think Jackson is a good player after that it’s a lot of?’s.

Top Bottom