STrib: Gophers recruit Dennis Evans comfortable with his height, and basketball trajectory

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

Evans is averaging 17 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks so far as a senior, though he missed two games recently because he was sick. He's expected to return by the time Hillcrest plays in the Jerry Tarkanian Classic on Dec. 19-22 in Las Vegas, a tournament NBA scouts are now allowed to attend.

He has NBA dreams and goals of making an immediate impact as a college freshman, but he's just as fascinated taking a sign language class his senior year of high school. That's Dennis Evans.

"I find it a little bit more fun to speak with my hands," Evans said.

The Gophers love that Evans is comfortable in his own skin and intrigued by going to college thousands of miles away in the cold.

Evans learned to adapt at a young age. Glasses were an adjustment at first, but now he wears them all the time without thinking twice. "They're part of who I am," he said. And towering over his classmates at Hillcrest High, Evans still finds ways to blend in with the crowd.

A few years ago, he wouldn't have imagined turning himself into arguably the best center in high school hoops. But his basketball future gets brighter by the day.

Go Gophers!!

Per Marcus:

Evans is averaging 17 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks so far as a senior, though he missed two games recently because he was sick. He's expected to return by the time Hillcrest plays in the Jerry Tarkanian Classic on Dec. 19-22 in Las Vegas, a tournament NBA scouts are now allowed to attend.

He has NBA dreams and goals of making an immediate impact as a college freshman, but he's just as fascinated taking a sign language class his senior year of high school. That's Dennis Evans.

"I find it a little bit more fun to speak with my hands," Evans said.

The Gophers love that Evans is comfortable in his own skin and intrigued by going to college thousands of miles away in the cold.

Evans learned to adapt at a young age. Glasses were an adjustment at first, but now he wears them all the time without thinking twice. "They're part of who I am," he said. And towering over his classmates at Hillcrest High, Evans still finds ways to blend in with the crowd.

A few years ago, he wouldn't have imagined turning himself into arguably the best center in high school hoops. But his basketball future gets brighter by the day.

Go Gophers!!
All the MN gopher fans who are anglers should put together a list of all the best fishing spots for Evans. The angle to keep him with this dumpster fire of a season is the fishing and outdoors that MN provides.

Maybe Scheels steps in with an NIL deal.

All the MN gopher fans who are anglers should put together a list of all the best fishing spots for Evans. The angle to keep him with this dumpster fire of a season is the fishing and outdoors that MN provides.

Show him a picture of a person catching a trophy Muskie out at Lake of the Isles.

Evans would never consider your Badgers no matter what.

And he's not an idiot. He sees our freshmen getting playing-time...and he's looking for improvement in them by the end of the year.

Evans would never consider your Badgers no matter what.

And he's not an idiot. He sees our freshmen getting playing-time...and he's looking for improvement in them by the end of the year.
DING! DING! DING!

Smart again! MNJay is on it. Again.

This is on the right track. There are trolls harassing the program; we see them; we recognize them for what they are; they can do nothing. This is a remarkable start for the Gophers program.

Never understood why anybody gets into fishing. You guys go ahead, and while you're fussing with bait, getting the hook out of the fish and then cleaning it, I'll have another beer and enjoy the sunshine.

Now, snowmobiling... Other than having to get all decked out so you don't freeze your butt off, that can be fun!

Never understood why anybody gets into fishing. You guys go ahead, and while you're fussing with bait, getting the hook out of the fish and then cleaning it, I'll have another beer and enjoy the sunshine.

Now, snowmobiling... Other than having to get all decked out so you don't freeze your butt off, that can be fun!
For many, fishing is the excuse to drink beer and enjoy sunshine!

You'd think this would have more 'likes' than just me...and 1 'surprise'.

But I guess everyone is tripling-down on wanting Coach Johnson fired...so they don't want to hear about recruiting.

You'd think this would have more 'likes' than just me...and 1 'surprise'.

But I guess everyone is tripling-down on wanting Coach Johnson fired...so they don't want to hear about recruiting.
Part of it, for me, is I don't know how good the competition is. Just because a team is from Florida it doesn't mean they were good. So, while the stats are great, I don't know how good the opponents were.
I am looking forward to Evans and Christie coming to campus and watching them grow and help build a solid team.

He sounds like he means business. Good hands

Evans is one of the best prospects in program history.

Can't fill all holes at once nut this one is covered.

Top Bottom