STrib: Gophers looking for revenge in the rematch against Michigan State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

In the rematch between the two teams, the Gophers are looking for revenge and to show how much they've grown since the conference-opening loss to the Spartans.

"A lot of our teammates feel that we personally need to pay them back," Gophers junior center Reggie Lynch said. "But obviously we don't want to think of it as just a revenge game. We just want to execute the way we would any game. We want to learn from our mistakes from the last game."

Lynch struggled with only three points and three rebounds in 11 minutes before fouling out against Michigan State at home. That motivated him to raise his level of play, averaging 10.6 points, 6.3 rebounds and three blocks in the next three games in wins against Purdue, Northwestern and Ohio State.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...the-rematch-against-michigan-state/410286735/

Go Gophers!!

Will Ward be as stellar as he was down the stretch in the first game? Will Tum Tum hit a career-high two 3-pointers the way he did in the first game? MSU has home court, but I still like our chances. No cheap fouls by the bigs.

Will Ward be as stellar as he was down the stretch in the first game? Will Tum Tum hit a career-high two 3-pointers the way he did in the first game? MSU has home court, but I still like our chances. No cheap fouls by the bigs.

Tum Tum was 2-4 from 3, and I was like "What? I thought this guy couldn't shoot at all!" I think Lynch fouled out after 11 minutes I think, and I believe he's been at least a little better the last few games about not racking up quick fouls, though he still seems to have at least 4 by the end of the game. Hopefully he'll be able to stay on the floor longer and prevent Nick Ward from destroying us in the post again.

This is MSU and the foul situation always ends in their favor during the conference season. That needs to be overcome.

Top Bottom