STrib: Gophers backcourt looks to build chemistry with Mike Mitchell Jr. as only returnee

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

But replacing Hawkins, the Big Ten's assist leader, at point guard will be a tough task.

"Me being here for a year, I can let the new guys know how things roll," Mitchell said. "We've got Lu'Cye. We've got Isaac, Brennan and Caleb [who all played point guard]. We're a really deep backcourt with a lot of shooting. We can all pass, shoot and dribble. I think we're going to be really good because we can all play off each other."

At 6-6, Odukale is the tallest of the guards. Johnson said his size and versatility give him the ability to play multiple positions for the Gophers, including being used as a facilitator.

"He's a bigger guard who can play in a big or small lineup," Johnson said about Odukale, who also played at Pittsburgh and Seton Hall. "He can play in pick and rolls because he's an unselfish passer."

Cochran, the co-Mid American Conference defensive player of the year last season, said he's willing to play anywhere on the floor to make an impact for the Gophers. The 6-2, 225-pounder led the MAC regular-season champion Rockets in rebounds (6.4) and steals (1.9) as a junior.

"My whole career, I've played positions one through four," Cochran said. "I don't see this as being any different. I just have to raise my play. Try to be better each night."

Go Gophers!!

Cochran, the co-Mid American Conference defensive player of the year last season, said he's willing to play anywhere on the floor to make an impact for the Gophers. The 6-2, 225-pounder led the MAC regular-season champion Rockets in rebounds (6.4) and steals (1.9) as a junior.

"My whole career, I've played positions one through four," Cochran said. "I don't see this as being any different. I just have to raise my play. Try to be better each night."

Nice!

Top Bottom