STrib: Gophers are 'Georgia North' with Rodney Smith, Shannon Brooks rushing strong

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

How did the Gophers find these peaches?

“Well, you just go hunting,” Kill said. “We work hard at it.”

In 2014, five Minnesota high school seniors received scholarships to play at the highest level of college football, in the Football Bowl Subdivision of NCAA Division I. This year, that number grew to 13. Those same numbers for Georgia also swelled during that time frame — from 188 to 248.

“When I first started recruiting Georgia, it was under-recruited,” Gophers receivers coach Brian Anderson said. “But now I think every Big Ten school’s down there with the SEC, ACC and Conference USA. There’s enough kids to go around for everybody, but you’ve just got to find the right ones.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...mith-shannon-brooks-rushing-strong/330488101/

Go Gophers!!

Good article. It gives a little insight to why this staff finds under the radar recruits: they watch tape and don't watch offers. Also interesting that we found Rodney Smith because of Donovahn Jones's high school coach. Relationships are key. Looking forward to watching these two in the backfield the next 4 seasons.

Top Bottom