STrib: Former KFAN regular Henry Lake replaces Al Malmberg on WCCO Radio

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

Henry Lake, a long-time member of the KFAN family, is switching teams.

The radio personality will host "Lake Night" from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. weekdays, starting March 11 on WCCO Radio. He replaces Al Malmberg, who was let go earlier this month.

"The introduction of a new late-night show allows for our station to better serve our listeners as they are winding down their days," said Shannon Knoepke, senior vice president and market manager for Entercom Minneapolis, which owns WCCO Radio. "We are thrilled to welcome Henry to our broadcast team in the Twin Cities and look forward to his fresh perspective on the daily events and topics that matter most."

Lake is no stranger to the local airwaves. He was a regular on KFAN before moving to Kansas CIty for five years. He returned to KFAN last year as a fill-in host.

"I am eager to join 830 WCCO and be part of a new direction and continued growth at one of the truly legendary stations in radio," Lake said. "I look forward to providing an entertaining and fresh voice for our Minneapolis listeners, which bringing different perspectives and opinions to the table."

http://www.startribune.com/former-k...replaces-al-malmberg-on-wcco-radio/506382782/

Go Gophers!!

"Dude"

"In terms of" a radio move, I think this "fits the narrative" that WCCO is changing directions trying to appeal to a new audience.

Racist dude who went on a twitter tantrum when Mchale went to a trump rally

Racist dude who went on a twitter tantrum when Mchale went to a trump rally

I recall that. What a doosh. I'm surprised WCCO is still on the air. Who listens to that garbage? It's MN radio equivalent of Sat. Night Live. It was entertaining and relevant about 30 years ago.

You can grab a random guy on the street, and he'd be likely to be more interesting on the air than Malmberg. How he's gotten work to start with is a mystery.

That said, my daughter and I were driving somewhere on a weekend recently, and Lake was on KFAN for whatever reason. He was beating some uninteresting dead horse to a pulp. I looked at my daughter, she looked at me, and we switched the channel. Maybe WCCO just can't resist dull, annoying people.

Top Bottom