STrib: For new Gophers AD Mark Coyle, a Day 1 to remember

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe and Amelia:

At Grimm’s request, Coyle got the chant for the mascot’s trademark trick going: Spin-Your-Head.

Minutes earlier, though, frustrations simmered around the mostly full room of about 200 Gophers supporters and fans.

“He better not screw it up,” Tyrone Wacker, 71, said of Coyle with half-grin, half-growl. “I’m getting tired of all the chaos. I really wish this guy well. … There’s too much turmoil going on. Every time you pick up the paper, there is something else going on. It’s really tough staying loyal.”

Not everyone was so ready to express such concern.

Deron Johnson, a 1995 Minnesota graduate, sounded more measured despite a year that has seen the former AD, Norwood Teague, resign amid accusations of sexual harassment, the men’s basketball team post the most losses in school history and an outbreak of off-court issues make headlines.

“I will support them because I know they’ll get the right people in, and I think the new athletic director was the first step,” he said. “I think they found the right man.”

http://www.startribune.com/for-new-gophers-ad-mark-coyle-a-day-1-to-remember/381598021/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom