STrib: Five things to watch in Gophers basketball exhibition against Bemidji State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Freshmen roles – We know Coffey will get major minutes. But how are the Gophers going to use him? A three-guard lineup with Nate Mason and Dupree McBrayer puts him mostly off the ball. But he is the team’s best passer. Eric Curry is probably the biggest surprise of the fall. The 6-9, 235-pound Memphis native is emerging as a reliable low-post scorer and rebounder. He’s too talented not to see the floor pretty often. But will he play backup center or power forward? Rochester native Michael Hurt’s three-point shooting could be a big boost, but can the Gophers use him at small forward and power forward with Davonte Fitzgerald's ACL injury?

http://www.startribune.com/five-thi...l-exhibition-against-bemidji-state/399729121/

Go Gophers!!

Curry

I guess I have heard he is big and athletic and has a good basketball IQ. I have not heard he is already a reliable low-post scorer. Actually I heard he has nice moves but isn't finishing. Have you heard differently?

per Marcus:

Freshmen roles – We know Coffey will get major minutes. But how are the Gophers going to use him? A three-guard lineup with Nate Mason and Dupree McBrayer puts him mostly off the ball. But he is the team’s best passer. Eric Curry is probably the biggest surprise of the fall. The 6-9, 235-pound Memphis native is emerging as a reliable low-post scorer and rebounder. He’s too talented not to see the floor pretty often. But will he play backup center or power forward? Rochester native Michael Hurt’s three-point shooting could be a big boost, but can the Gophers use him at small forward and power forward with Davonte Fitzgerald's ACL injury?

http://www.startribune.com/five-thi...l-exhibition-against-bemidji-state/399729121/

Go Gophers!!

Based on what I saw at the scrimmage Curry is going to be one of the better players on this team. Lynch is definitely going to fill a need and will give us solid minutes, but I think by the time B10 rolls around their best line up will be Mason, McBrayer, Coffey, Murph, and Curry. In any event, very excited to see how this team performs with the added post players.

Good call on Curry! Sounds like he is ready to play and we need him as Lynch is not.

This was truly an exhibition game. They took some time to get into coherence. Not having Mason shifted everyone. Lynch in foul trouble eliminated center play. Lynch is definitely going to need time to get up to speed and shake off the rust.
Bright spots were definitely Curry - he's ready to shine. Coffey had a lot more riding on his debut personally and it showed but looking forward to his contributions. Hurt showed he can hit the 3. And Murphy showed why he's the star of the team, doing it all.

Top Bottom