STrib: DeLattiboudere means 'great motor' in Gophersese

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Growing up in Baltimore, Gophers defensive end Winston DeLattiboudere considered himself more of a college football fan than a Maryland fan.

His father, Winston, had played offensive tackle for Bowie State. And when the Baltimore Sun named the younger DeLattiboudere its 2014 All-Metro Defensive Player of the Year, he just wanted a chance to play Division I.

His offer list wasn’t extensive: Idaho, Buffalo, Rhode Island.

“Maryland actually was about to offer me a walk-on scholarship, but that didn’t happen,” he said. “Rutgers showed interest, but Minnesota — those were the big dogs. They trusted me, they believed in me, so I love them for that.”

http://www.startribune.com/delattiboudere-means-great-motor-in-gophersese/397161491/

Go Gophers!!

Yeah I really liked this kid's story. It seemed like he might contribute after a few years in the weight room. He's still only like 18 years old, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was happy when he chose the U. Hoping he has a great career here.
Also hoped Holland would too. More successful kids from that area of the country are could give a little "footprint" for the Gophers -- similar to the one I feel they now have with Georgia.

“He’s gotten stronger, but he’s got a great motor,” coach Tracy Claeys said. “I mean, he plays hard all the time, and it kind of fits his personality. He’s always on the go. But you can win a lot of games with D-linemen that just have great motors and play hard all the time.”

Apparently you can't beat PSU or Iowa with them.

“He’s gotten stronger, but he’s got a great motor,” coach Tracy Claeys said. “I mean, he plays hard all the time, and it kind of fits his personality. He’s always on the go. But you can win a lot of games with D-linemen that just have great motors and play hard all the time.”

Apparently you can't beat PSU or Iowa with them.

DL play wasn't the main reason the Gophers lost those games.

Top Bottom