STrib: Carter Booth Transfer Fuels Rivalry

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Jeff Day:

Carter Booth's sophomore season started, as expected, at Maturi Pavilion.

The only slight difference was Booth, having transferred in the offseason, was playing volleyball for Wisconsin, not Minnesota.

It added an element of the surreal as the Badgers opened the Big Ten/Big 12 Challenge vs. Baylor in August. Booth's former Gophers teammates sat on bleachers, waiting for their match vs. TCU, and watched as she went through her paces, hitting serves, leaping at the net and getting loose.

"It's a nice venue to play in, regardless of my past here," she said afterwards. "It was just another game with my team that I was excited to play."

She will face her former team Sunday when the Gophers travel to Madison. It is a marquee showdown for college volleyball that will be broadcast nationwide on Fox after the Vikings play the Packers.

Said it before and it’s still just as correct.

The Big Ten conference must pass a bylaw which forbids any student-athlete in any sport from immediate eligibility when transferring within the conference.

Booth should’ve had to sit out this year. Same with Rollins when she went to Penn State.

100% aware that would’ve affected us with Davis, Gros, Murr.

I still push that button every time.

I dropkick that button.

The Big Ten conference must pass a bylaw which forbids any student-athlete in any sport from immediate eligibility when transferring within the conference.

Booth should’ve had to sit out this year. Same with Rollins when she went to Penn State.

I dropkick that button.
Did you mean Grote? If so, she transferred from Cal - not in conference.

I dropkick that button.
Used to be like that in Women's basketball.

I thought that the quality of the transfers coming in would roughly equal what we lost due to transferring and graduation. I also thought we would see maturation and improvement from our returning players such that the team would have about the same strength and results as last year. The difference is that our returning players have not stepped it up.

I thought that the quality of the transfers coming in would roughly equal what we lost due to transferring and graduation. I also thought we would see maturation and improvement from our returning players such that the team would have about the same strength and results as last year. The difference is that our returning players have not stepped it up.
Those players learned about going through the motions when Hugh quit on us mid-season last season. I wish them well elsewhere because they're not motivated to play for the Gophers.

Rivalry lol. There is no rivalry. Just like women's hockey, the volleyball team has been surpassed by the skunks and it is truly embarrassing. We will soon just be another also ran program. It is too bad.

Rivalry lol. There is no rivalry. Just like women's hockey, the volleyball team has been surpassed by the skunks and it is truly embarrassing. We will soon just be another also ran program. It is too bad.
Point. Set. Match. Skunky McSkunkerton has been siphoning off the best Minnesora talent for a while and we're wallowing in overanalysis, rationalization and denial.

Top Bottom