STrib: Big Ten is bringing in big money as a TV star

BleedGopher

Reaction score
For the U, ever-growing television revenue has been reliable as athletics struggled.

Six years ago, before the Big Ten Network debuted, the university received $10.7 million in annual payments from the Big Ten. Two years later, with the conference's network firmly in place televising football, basketball and other sports, Minnesota's annual share jumped to $18.8 million. It has since spiraled to $22.9 million in 2011 and figures to jump even more -- one unofficial estimate put the figure at $32 million by 2014 -- when Rutgers and Maryland join the Big Ten and push the conference into the lucrative East Coast markets.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/187602611.html

Go Gophers!!

My previous comment was deleted, I don't know why. All I asked was why can't some of this money be put toward a new Practice Facility for Men's and Women's Basketball. Maybe I asked it the wrong way, in its original form?

My previous comment was deleted, I don't know why. All I asked was why can't some of this money be put toward a new Practice Facility for Men's and Women's Basketball. Maybe I asked it the wrong way, in its original form?

It was on the basketball forum. It's still there.:)

Remember the old days when you knew which forum you were on?

It was on the basketball forum. It's still there.:)

Remember the old days when you knew which forum you were on?

Well, me and Sid and a dog named Sue have become rare breeds.

Top Bottom