STrib: Best sports siblings ever from Minnesota? Top 10 (7. Marcus, Mike Sherels)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
A fun list from Sinker. While arbitrary, the Barber brothers should be ahead of the Sherels brothers both in college impact and pro impact. Regardless, per Sinker:

7. Marcus and Mike Sherels. After a career as a cornerback at the U, Marcus has become a top NFL punt returner with the Vikings. Older brother Mike went from Rochester John Marshall to a walk-on at linebacker to becoming a two-time Gophers captain. He was a member of the coaching staff until the hiring of P.J. Fleck earlier this month.

http://www.startribune.com/the-best-sports-siblings-ever-from-minnesota-here-s-the-top-10/411956986/

Go Gophers!!

A fun list from Sinker. While arbitrary, the Barber brothers should be ahead of the Sherels brothers both in college impact and pro impact. Regardless, per Sinker:

7. Marcus and Mike Sherels. After a career as a cornerback at the U, Marcus has become a top NFL punt returner with the Vikings. Older brother Mike went from Rochester John Marshall to a walk-on at linebacker to becoming a two-time Gophers captain. He was a member of the coaching staff until the hiring of P.J. Fleck earlier this month.

http://www.startribune.com/the-best-sports-siblings-ever-from-minnesota-here-s-the-top-10/411956986/

Go Gophers!!

That's a horrible list. Why have men and women on the same list? Why'd they've leave off the adaptive sports leagues? Just do a men's list because based on attendance no one cares about female athletes.

That's a horrible list. Why have men and women on the same list? Why'd they've leave off the adaptive sports leagues? Just do a men's list because based on attendance no one cares about female athletes.

...Are you aware of what the word sibling means?

Might of suggested the Najarian's, McNamara's, Brooks', and Christian's, but have to agree with the Broten siblings being #1.

...Are you aware of what the word sibling means?

Yes, I am. It's absurd to rank men versus women. Name one female on that list that could make a make pro sports roster. Hint: none. Why? Because they aren't better than men. Yet, that list thinks the Miller ladies are. Horrible list. Awful.

I know of some twins from Farmington that dominated in special Olympics bowling. Should they be on there?

Go Gophers!!

Cool list. Figured Brotens would be tops. Would maybe have put the Carlsons a little higher...just for the Slapshot inspiration. Old-time hockey...right coach?

Hard to believe the Barbers, Marion and Dom, did not make the list ?

Go Gophers!!

Kind of surprised the Hankinson brother (Pete and Big Ben) didn't make the list.

The Millers were a cultural phenomenon in Minnesota. Always regretted the program at the U was in such tough shape when they went to college. They would have owned Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of surprised the Hankinson brother (Pete and Big Ben) didn't make the list.

The Millers were a cultural phenomenon in Minnesota. Always regretted the program at the U was in such tough shape when they went to college. They would have owned Minnesota.

Who would you bump off the list to put them on?

I would absolutely put the Barber brothers on this list. Marion III, Dom and Thomas are as good as it gets.

I'm surprised too. The Barbers deserve to be on it. I'd dropped the Carlson's (and yes I saw Jack go into the penalty box to pound away on some opposing scoundrel-his rep was well deserved)

Who would you bump off the list to put them on?

Based on where we are right now, the Jones brothers. The Jones brothers seems to be driven by the older, maybe the younger does end up being better and therefore makes the case.

Maybe the Carlson Brothers. They seem to be famous for slap shot vs there actual on ice accomplishments.

To me it wasnt like any of them shouldn't be on the list, so no real concern, when I clicked the link I did expect to see them there.

Based on where we are right now, the Jones brothers. The Jones brothers seems to be driven by the older, maybe the younger does end up being better and therefore makes the case.

Maybe the Carlson Brothers. They seem to be famous for slap shot vs there actual on ice accomplishments.

To me it wasnt like any of them shouldn't be on the list, so no real concern, when I clicked the link I did expect to see them there.

Makes sense. For me you could throw out the Steinbachs for the same reason. It's all subjective but I'd bump the Jones, Carlson and Steinbach brothers for the Barbers, McNamaras and ??? Maybe the Fahnhorst brothers.

Top Bottom