STrib: A powerful, hard-hitting Winfield? Minnesotans have seen this before

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

Antoine Winfield sat on a beach in the Dominican Republic waiting for a friend’s wedding to begin. The scene was postcard perfect, yet Winfield kept staring at his phone.

His wife, Erniece, told him to put it away and enjoy paradise.

“I’ve got to watch this,” he replied.

He had a football game to dissect and a player to critique.

The wedding was Labor Day weekend, a few days after the Gophers opened their season with a victory against Oregon State.

Antoine Winfield Jr. made his college debut that night, which meant his dad, a former Pro Bowl cornerback and fan favorite as a Viking, kept his usual routine: He reviewed the game in painstaking detail to provide insight for his son.

“I’m teaching him everything that I know,” Winfield said.

Dad’s advice: Be yourself. Make your own name.

“Trust me,” Winfield said, “he’s going to be a hell of a baller for the University of Minnesota.”

http://www.startribune.com/a-powerf...-minnesotans-have-seen-this-before/394523901/

Go Gophers!!

I like that he's gotten advanced tutoring from his Pops. Wonder what his ceiling is, or whether he's already maxed out.

I suspect Junior is going to be fantastic.

I hope he teaches him how to tackle in the open field as he was one of the best.

I know of another powerful, hard-hitting Minnesota Winfield.

dwinfield.jpg

Winfield Jr is the real deal! Fortunate to watch him the last couple of years at The Woodlands High School, the kid is a beast and I am glad he landed at The U.

Top Bottom