STrib: 2026 recruit Makenna Crosson

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Jeff Day:

Makenna Crosson, who verbally committed to the Gophers volleyball team on Monday afternoon, has no patience for a lack of competitiveness.

"Family night. Board games. Monopoly. I hate losing," she said after committing. "I want to surround myself with people who really like to win."

It will take a few years for that fire to show up at Maturi Pavilion, but the No. 8 recruit in the country for the class of 2026, according to PrepVolleyball.com, knew this was where she wanted to be. Crosson is a rangy outside hitter, "6-3 with volleyball shoes on," as she put it, who knows her game is in development.

"One of the main things I bring is ball control and passing," she said. "You can look at me and say, 'She's undersized,' 'cause I know a lot of outsides are 6-4, 6-5, but ball-control-wise I have been working on my passing and making sure it's at the highest level it can be."

This is starting to get fun. Coach Cook is landing commitments from some highly rated players. This year's team looked good in the spring. The body language and enthusiasm was much improved. Last year it did not look like they were having fun and it showed in their play. I expect better play this fall with an ever brighter future with the talented players in the pipeline. SKI-U-MAH!!

Top Bottom