STrib 2015 Big Ten West Predictions: Gophers 2nd

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Who wins the West?

Once again, the West looks far more wide open. The Badgers can plug Corey Clement in for Gordon to keep the rushing offense churning, and the defense should be strong again. Chryst kept defensive coordinator Dave Aranda as a holdover from Gary Andersen’s staff.

The Gophers are looking to build off their first New Year’s Day bowl appearance since 1962. They must replace running back David Cobb, tight end Maxx Williams and a few standouts on defense, but coach Jerry Kill insists this team could be better. The schedule is tough again, but the Gophers get TCU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Nebraska at home.

So here’s my early prediction for the West:

1. Wisconsin
2. Minnesota
3. Nebraska
4. Illinois
5. Iowa
6. Northwestern
7. Purdue

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/288491361.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Tough to argue. I think it'll come down to the final game again.

Tough to argue. I think it'll come down to the final game again.

Yep, the East is pretty easy to predict at the top - 1:OSU, 2:MSU. The West however is really a tossup with a bunch of teams that could all be in the mix. Gotta think going in though that the odds on favorites to come out on top would be the winner between us and Wisconsin.

I think Nebraska could very easily be in the mix at the top as well. We don't know what the coaching staff will be like for sure, but we know they have talent on their roster. This is still a team that won 9 games, despite all of the coaching drama. I also would think that Iowa will be ahead of Illinois, but you never know.

If we need to beat Wisconsin to win the West in 2015, I think we're headed to Indy. My concern is that it DOESNT come down to the final game. I worry that we lose @OSU and drop another game somewhere, and then we are 5-2 and WI is 7-0 going into the axe game.

Top Bottom