Streveler stats

Some Day...Is Coming!

Some Day...Maybe?
Reaction score
10/13 117 yds 1 TD 0 int
16 carries 131 yards 2 TD's

Good for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good kid, good player. Probably would have played for the Gophers as a receiver or DB, but kudos to him if he'd rather be QB at South Dakota.

I thought streveler could not throw passes or his arm might fall off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would be nice to have him backup QB this year. Leidner is going to take a lot of hits in this offense. Could be a disaster if he goes down.

He had a great game Saturday vs UNI. Video highlights on YouTube. He threw a dime about 50 yards and hit his man in stride. Probably not a great passer, but his arm is powerful as he showed in another pass while on the run. Ran for about 130 yards.

I wish we could have used him as a return guy with that speed, but obviously he still wanted to play QB, good for him.

Liedner comment in 3...2...1....

This is the problem that Gophers have had for a long time. For some reason they cannot keep back-up QB talent. We would be much better off having Streveler or Nelson (or even Perras) and not worry about burning a redshirt unless necessary. You wonder if they had built a wildcat package for Streveler and ran it a couple series a game (or more depending on effectiveness) if he would have stayed.

I am not an in depth football min but it has always seemed strange to me how QBs never get rotated out. Leidner might benefit from watching a series.

This is the problem that Gophers have had for a long time. For some reason they cannot keep back-up QB talent. We would be much better off having Streveler or Nelson (or even Perras) and not worry about burning a redshirt unless necessary. You wonder if they had built a wildcat package for Streveler and ran it a couple series a game (or more depending on effectiveness) if he would have stayed.

I am not an in depth football min but it has always seemed strange to me how QBs never get rotated out. Leidner might benefit from watching a series.

I think that is going to be a thing for everyone though, guys transferring. QBs do that a fair amount (and I swear i'm seeing it more in college football).

I'm much less worried about backups as I am better quality starters over time. Let's get the horse in front of the cart first please.

Also I liked Streveler but I'm not sure he as a backup QB talent so much. Dude could run and gun, but when he missed passes he hit the opposing DBs in the numbers.

Would be nice to have him backup QB this year. Leidner is going to take a lot of hits in this offense. Could be a disaster if he goes down.

Not sure as a QB Streveler represents any sort of upgrade over the backup options we currently have. Glad he is having success as he seemed like a good kid with a good sense of humor. Hopefully he has a great year.

I watched him throw 2 pick 6's that resulted in their going into OT vs UND a few weeks ago. He made poor decisions in those throws against a Defense that, IMO, was not in the least bit impressive. The 2nd was with 3:00 left in 4th. There was no need for him to make the throw he did. They ended up losing.

I watched him throw 2 pick 6's that resulted in their going into OT vs UND a few weeks ago. He made poor decisions in those throws against a Defense that, IMO, was not in the least bit impressive. The 2nd was with 3:00 left in 4th. There was no need for him to make the throw he did. They ended up losing.

Whoa. We aren't interested in eye witness accounts, reality, or facts. As a former Gopher who transferred out before graduation, he is by definition great and one the "got away".

Top Bottom