Stoudermire

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Saw Troy to really amped up all day. Very impressed with his intensity. Appeared to be really engaged and a real positive force. Any chance he comes back this year or gets a medical waiver?

Agreed, saw the same. No chance for medical redshirt but I expect him to be drafted in the later rounds

Kill said Friday at the luncheon (YES YOU SHOULD GO, FOLKS) that Stoudermire is out for the year but they will apply for medical redshirt. Same with Marcus Jones.

Marcus Jones has absolutely no shot at a medical waiver. I'm not sure about Stoudermire, though; I'll have to look at the participation reports when I get a chance.

Stoudermire has played too much this year for a medical waiver.

Stoudermire has played too much this year for a medical waiver.

It's up to the board to decide that. PharmacyGopher is right in that Kirdland (ha) played 4 games before getting hurt and was granted his medical waiver. It's basically a coin flip. Coach Kill knows this, but there's not much else they can do at this point. Might as well roll the dice.

Here's to hoping Troy gets his 2nd chance like Royston did. Could use his veteran savvy next year.

Kill said on Thursday that Troy MIGHT qualify for a medical redshirt. He said that it “was a toss up” at this point. Keep your fingers crossed!

My memory says the Troy played the following: 4 quarters against USC, 4 quarters against NMSU, 4 quarters against Miami and
2 quarters against NDSU. I am not sure what the exact rule is, but Kirkwood played in the NIU game last year which was game 4 and got the
Medical waiver (red-shirt). My gut tells me Troy has played too much, but who knows?

Agree with the OP that Troy was really engaged today. I actually commented to someone sitting next to me that I bet Troy is happy he
did not walk away last year.

Top Bottom