Still cannot believe Beau Allen to Wisc......

froggopher

Reaction score
I thought this guy from Minnetonka was a lock for the U. Anybody out there know his deciding factor?

Very dissapointed he chose to flee the border. Especially to Buckyville. Yuck.:confused:

I thought this guy from Minnetonka was a lock for the U. Anybody out there know his deciding factor?

Very dissapointed he chose to flee the border. Especially to Buckyville. Yuck.:confused:

I could be wrong, but I thought both his parents went to UW.

He decided to go to Wisky so he could play baseball too.

Honestly, I don't think anyone following the U's recruitment of him ever thought he was a lock. At least I can't recall that sort of statement being made by anyone here in the Hole.

Beau Allen......

I believe somebody mentioned it last fall. Yes, another poster mentioned that he has family that attended UW. Can't really blame him, I guess. Good luck to him anyway. We can't get every football player in the state.:(

This isn't that hard. Parents are UW grads, he grew up a Badger fan, and went to UW games as a young kid. That always will carry more weight than the local team.

Deciding factor: He's a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# bag

I hate to correct spelling errors here, but please be more formal in your adjectives. I translated your misspelling to mean...goshdarndangnabitcottinpickindirtbag.

Or maybe because Wisky's FB program is more attractive than Minny's? No shame in that, but its a fact it is a much stronger program with better support and a top notch AD.

Fat, slow, and overrated. He's a great fit out east.

I guess I'll have to spell it 'doooosh' from now on so censers don't get me...

He may prove to be a good college player but having seen him play since he was a freshman at Minnetonka I never quite understood the hype with him. Clearly his size is impressive and he surely looks "good getting off the bus" but he never struck me as an impact player - he just didn't make a lot of plays. I wish him well but was not that disappointed when he chose WI over MN. I was shocked when the Scout.com rep on Big Ten Network signing-day special singled him out as being a key recruit for WI that could have an immediate impact as a freshman.

You are right on, epgopher

I traveled in to see a game Minnetonka v Hopkins. Hopkins was undersized, undermanned, and yet Allen was no factor. Absolutely lost in action. And Hopkins won that game with their offense. I could not believe what I saw. He is a fairly big kid, I wish him well.

I traveled in to see a game Minnetonka v Hopkins. Hopkins was undersized, undermanned, and yet Allen was no factor. Absolutely lost in action. And Hopkins won that game with their offense. I could not believe what I saw. He is a fairly big kid, I wish him well.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane???

You guys are funny. Imagine what the comments on Allen would be like if he chose the Gophers over UW.

No doubt! He'd be the second coming of Jesus.

I can't speak for others but in my case that would be incorrect. I stated my position: having seen him play a lot of high school football I never understood the fascination, he looked the part but did not make a lot of plays, etc. Maybe he will develop into a good college player; I just didn't see it at the high school level and would not have sang his praises had he signed with the Gophers.

You guys are funny. Imagine what the comments on Allen would be like if he chose the Gophers over UW.

What, exactly, is your point??? It is normal to support those who play for one's U, and not support those who decide to play for the rival. Just like I will never, ever, cheer for Laurinitis if he becomes a Viking at some point for the reason he chose tOSU. Or do Wisconsin residents continue to support Wisconsin kids that choose the U or tOSU or IA, etc?

Obvious comeback. Of course, if you were to see what the comments about him were before he committed, they weren't glowing. The "highlight" video that was posted on rivals were of him being blocked every play by a 200lb guard and not making any tackles. Maybe he'll be great, but he certainly did not dominate MN high school football.

Top Bottom