Steve Mariucci

GopherFish

Reaction score
I don't recall seeing his name mentioned as a possible coach, so I wanted to throw his name out there for discussion. I think he'd be a good coach and was being discussed for the Michigan State job not long ago.

If we could land Dungy, Gruden, Mariucci or Leach, I'd be very happy. Otherwise go for a top coordinator at a top program.

He'd be a good hire, if we could convince him to take it.

Now there's a name. I'm not so certain he would turn down a $2 million / year gig.

Not a bad thought. I would support that hire.

That ought to be a good hire, if Maturi does not make the hire.

Strikes me as trying to build by hiring a "name" we may have heard of - don't think it would impress the kids that much.

IMO, the best approach would be to bring Tony Dungy in as a consultant to lead the search.

If head coaching experience is highly valued (which, given Brewster's previous experience was as a position coach), then I think you're looking for someone young who's been successful at a mid-major.

The "model" is Utah hiring Urban Meyer from Bowling Green, not Florida hiring Meyer from Utah.

If Maturi wants to make another questionable hire, I can give him my cell phone number and he can offer me the interim job for the rest of this season.

I played football in high school.
I was a two year letterman because.... I was on the kickoff return team!
I know what crappy football looks like.

Strikes me as trying to build by hiring a "name" we may have heard of - don't think it would impress the kids that much.

IMO, the best approach would be to bring Tony Dungy in as a consultant to lead the search.

If head coaching experience is highly valued (which, given Brewster's previous experience was as a position coach), then I think you're looking for someone young who's been successful at a mid-major.

The "model" is Utah hiring Urban Meyer from Bowling Green, not Florida hiring Meyer from Utah.

I had the same thought myself. Right now 99% of Gopher Nation wants Brewster out and the vast majority of them don't want Maturi to make the decision on the next coach.

If Brewster is indeed let go some time this year, it will be very interesting and controversial as to who is to make the decision on a new HC.

Steve Mariucci sucks. He was barely above .500 at SF (despite some loaded teams) and he did absolutely nothing in Detroit. Minimal college coaching experience. Fail

Leach is right! Start an e-mail campaign!

Why would an ex-NFL head coach want to coach a bottom dweller big ten program that can't beat Div-1AA teams?

GopherHolers will be pleased to learn that my Steve Mariucci comment has caused this thread to come up #2 in a Google search for "Steve Mariucci sucks". I have finally achieved something in life!

Top Bottom